side loading apps availability?

waltercln

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm planning on ditching my i4 for this beast, been waiting on android to adopt something that was stable and fast, i believe I'm making a good choice. Plus the openness is a major reason i just have to leave.

now i just have some minor questions, mainly about side loading apps. I assume this is something where you have the .apk file and you are able to transfer them to your download folder and install them, on most android phones correct? and att has basically put this in a choke hold.

Now is there still a way i can do this without the limitations att puts on the end user? if so how?

and also is there something of an alternative to the market that warrants people to really need this feature that i am not aware of? Basically is there other places i can do to get legitimate safe apps?

Can't wait to make the ios jump to android, had a horrible experience with the g1, but im giving it a second go come march.

textiaac

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm planning on ditching my i4 for this beast, been waiting on android to adopt something that was stable and fast, i believe I'm making a good choice. Plus the openness is a major reason i just have to leave.

now i just have some minor questions, mainly about side loading apps. I assume this is something where you have the .apk file and you are able to transfer them to your download folder and install them, on most android phones correct? and att has basically put this in a choke hold.

Now is there still a way i can do this without the limitations att puts on the end user? if so how?

and also is there something of an alternative to the market that warrants people to really need this feature that i am not aware of? Basically is there other places i can do to get legitimate safe apps?

Can't wait to make the ios jump to android, had a horrible experience with the g1, but im giving it a second go come march.

You need sideload wonder machine in order to install .apk files on the atrix and all android phones on att.

YoungSpade8

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
There are a lot of places to go to get cracked alls; mind you they are cracked and you could run into some problems.

However you could wait until the phone is rooted and then just be able to install apparently wherever; I have a rooted captivate (att/same restriction) and I can download an app from the internet or computer and install it over the air to the phone.

hagalah

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
But is it neccessary to install the HTC sync as well to work with Sideloading wonder machine?

If it is, then can Motorola Atrix works with HTC Sync? or Sideloading wonder machine can just work alone?

The sideloading issue is also bothering me to buy the atrix. If we can't sideload the 3rd party app, then means we can't play any Gameloft HD game on Atrix and no Skype for 3G. That will be suck!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiviwin68