SIM tray replacement for Nexus 6p

A

AC Question

I'm currently doing some testing between Verizon Wireless and Google Fi. This means I'm popping the SIM tray out more frequently than most people would.

Given how flimsy this tray is, I'm concerned that at some point I may break it. Does anyone know where I can buy a replacement tray for the Nexus 6p? This is the tray that the SIM itself sits in.

Thanks,

Andy

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I think the OP's question is a valid one. Things break, even if you try to be careful all the time. The more often you swap cards, the more chance there is that it might break.

I found this one: Nexus 6P Dual-SIM card tray (Q7MJQTVS9) by enceladeus. It's dual SIM, which is odd, because the 6P is not dual SIM. But there have been articles discussing how the 6P may have been intended originally as a dual SIM phone (or might have the future capability to be dual SIM), so presumably this will work.

hikerguy

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for that link B. Diddy. I can't see dropping $11 for a piece of plastic that costs maybe .10. The real pisser is I contacted Huawei and they told me they can't get the part! Really? You manufacture the damn found and you can provide replacement parts for a 10 cent item that bricks a phone if it breaks? Stupidity beyond belief. I won't buy a Nexus again if it's this difficult to get a replacement part for a cheap piece of plastic. Just **** poor design when it comes to the SIM tray. I liked my old Samsung where I could pop the back off and pop out the card by pressing it in to release a spring mechanism. Nothing really to break.

hikerguy

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Sorry for the "spam" posts, but I needed to get up to 10 posts to post these links.

Just found a site that posts a link to a downloadable 3D file (.stl format) for the dual sim tray for the Nexus 6p:

https://www.patreon.com/jdr?ty=h

Here's the direct link from that website to GitHub:

https://github.com/JDesignResearch/Nexus...

My library (and some local universities) have 3D printers, so I'm going to give this and try and post the results here.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaysonIrwin