Simply amazing device but put Nova on it immediately

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I really wanted to try and love the stock launcher but I really, really missed Nova. So that got taken care of pretty quickly. Next came the keyboard. Yuck. I couldn't get SwiftKey on there soon enough. Battery life is superb. Perhaps even a tiny bit better than the S5 after lollipop, which is quite an accomplishment. It does need a case though as the metal can be a bit slippery. I already ordered two. The screen is simply beyond superb. Colors are rich and immersive... almost gives a 3-D effect.

Sorry for my rambling.. just wanted to convey some initial thoughts.

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't say putting Nova on it immediately is a necessity. Samsung has come a long, long way with Touchwiz in the last year. It was deplorable on the S4, better on the S5, tolerable on the Note 4, and actually decent on the S6. That said, I absolutely love Nova and along with Textra its the first thing I download on every device. If there wasn't Nova, I'd be very happy with stock on this device (but I'm glad there is Nova LOL).

krm0789

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
I wanted to give TouchWiz a try, I really did, but I couldn't find infinite scrolling between screens & that's a dealbreakfer for me. I'm having a bit of trouble with Nova, too, though - can't get Expand Notifications to work; it claims "app isn't installed." This is a serious problem for my short, stubby fingers!

Rocketsaucev2

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
I wanted to give TouchWiz a try, I really did, but I couldn't find infinite scrolling between screens & that's a dealbreakfer for me. I'm having a bit of trouble with Nova, too, though - can't get Expand Notifications to work; it claims "app isn't installed." This is a serious problem for my short, stubby fingers!
Try the beta version by following the community on google +. It's much better and the notification gesture works

Galaxy S6

bbtkd

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
I like Nova for the ability to increase rows and columns of icons (to 6x4 in my case). If TouchWiz allowed that then I could get by with stock.

imnjs

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Did Swiftkey lag for you? I tried installing it and it is horribly laggy, especially the emoji. Sucks because it's my favorite keyboard.

Posted via the Android Central App

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Google now launcher ftw. I don't get why someone wouldn't want the now screen these days

I can't seem to find any difference between the Google Now screen and launching the Google app with a gesture in Nova or long press on the home key. I'd prefer TouchWiz to Google Now because it has more customizability.

fritzo81

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm trying TW for the first time. Its not bad so far. I'll probably get Nova later.

Posted via the Android Central App

onthecouchagain

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
If you install Nova (or Google Now Launcher), can you retain all the TouchWiz features, like split screen multitasking, or resizing apps from the corner, or Smart Stay, etc?

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site
If you install Nova (or Google Now Launcher), can you retain all the TouchWiz features, like split screen multitasking, or resizing apps from the corner, or Smart Stay, etc?

Yes...3rd party launchers only specify the app that launches when you press the Home button. All other features on the phone are unaffected.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463