Skyrocket Blutooth fix

patrick533

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone came across a voice dialing fix for the Skyrocket, short of a custom ROM? I am open to a box similar to my Blackberry V-605. Jabra and others make them, and of course they all swear they work with the Skyrocket (the send me your money and then try and get it back theory). I am simply looking to answer and dial my phone hands free, a law in California(A $400 one). They did FINALLY fix this on the Capitivate and it only took 18 months. I tried Vlingo. This was a standard feature on my 2004 Motorola Razor.:mad:

I should have stuck with my inspire, just wanted the better screen and LTE.

Me thinks I will be sending the almost perfect phone back. I have read through the forums. We will try it with my wife's 2012 KIA Optima this weekend, maybe the wife will get a new Skyrocket.

If they can do it on the note, why not the Skyrocket?:'(

Any help is very much appreciated!(Including if it will work with the fully loaded Kia Optima)

Thank you in advance!

Pat

Pitrich

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I have a skyrocket and vlingo works perfect on there. I ordered a $8 Samsung ear piece on ebay thats great to. Maybe you got a lemon and just need to switch skyrockets. You don't want to switch this is the best phone out right now

patrick533

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I have a skyrocket and vlingo works perfect on there. I ordered a $8 Samsung ear piece on ebay thats great to. Maybe you got a lemon and just need to switch skyrockets. You don't want to switch this is the best phone out right now

You can click the button on your bluetooth device and have Vlingo take a command?

patrick533

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Downloaded a program for 5 bucks that works OK with the Skyrocket called:

Hands free voice dialer CD+

Not perfect, but better then what I had, using it with a Blackberry VM-605 with only 1 button push, even dictates SMS over bluetooth. I will get a newer box from Jabra and give that a try.

tvandegr

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I believe, that Vlingo in Car works. I think I had to install it. Start Vlingo. Then select "In car". Then reboot once or twice (starting in-car each time). and then Pressing and holding my bluetooth button and selecting "in Car" as the default handler. Then once In car was running I pressed and held my bluetooth button and again selecting "in car" as the default and it worked. It seems to work best if in-car is running to begin with, but if it is I can do voice dialing.

yes I do agree that this is annoying, every phone I have had since my Tilt has had this functionality and I almost returned my phone because it is such a pain to get "mostly" working.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ife45201