Sleeper phone of 2017, must read article!!

jjinal

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
It looks like they're are going for a bit more than 200. This is the lowest I found on ebay.

b5a935801261803f219c0d2c0f309bb9.jpg

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
It looks like they're are going for a bit more than 200. This is the lowest I found on ebay.

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171031/b5a935801261803f219c0d2c0f309bb9.jpg
Ouch! I was sure hoping around $225 or lower. I'm on a tight budget now bc I've gone through so many phones recently loosing money each time I'd buy and sell which this is why what ever I buy this time will be a long term device this time so hopefully I'll be able to gather enough up by black Friday and actually be able to buy a brand new one instead of buying used.

Nubwy

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
I will reiterate: premium materials do not equal premium build quality.

That's not build quality, the analogy you used is more akin to the function of the engine or phone and not the structural soundness. Use a better analogy to avoid confusion.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
That's not build quality, the analogy you used is more akin to the function of the engine or phone and not the structural soundness. Use a better analogy to avoid confusion.

His analogy was fine.

Titanium is a more premium material than steel, but Audi has far better build quality (they make superior engines than Isuzu).

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I think we all can follow the point even if we disagree with the specifics of the analogy. He's absolutely right the build quality and build materials are not the same thing or not even necessarily correlated.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I think we all can follow the point even if we disagree with the specifics of the analogy. He's absolutely right the build quality and build materials are not the same thing or not even necessarily correlated.

Among the worst automotive brands in initial quality in 2017 are :. Infiniti, Jaguar, Audi, Land Rover, Volvo.... All marks dripping with premium quality materials.

Nubwy

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
His analogy was fine.

Titanium is a more premium material than steel, but Audi has far better build quality (they make superior engines than Isuzu).

Build quality is not design. Quality of materials, type of metal, forging process, impurities in the metal are all build quality. How the engine performs and the durability of a design over time isn't build quality. Again, that's the confusion. I think the build quality is fantastic and the software is a bit flawed.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Build quality is not design. Quality of materials, type of metal, forging process, impurities in the metal are all build quality. How the engine performs and the durability of a design over time isn't build quality. Again, that's the confusion. I think the build quality is fantastic and the software is a bit flawed.

You are incorrect. Build quality is literally fit and finish. You can use the best materials on the planet, but if you have rough edges, or things don't line up, etc your build quality is bad. "Quality of materials" is.....quality of materials. The material itself has no impact on how well you use that material.

Build quality is also longevity. The engine example is a perfect analogy for this. If you build an engine out of a fantastic material, but the precision of the machining isn't as good, or an improper amount of fuel is injected, your build quality is not good. Building with a lesser material, but with tighter tolerances and more precision....will equate to better longevity, and overall function, of the engine.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
You are incorrect. Build quality is literally fit and finish. You can use the best materials on the planet, but if you have rough edges, or things don't line up, etc your build quality is bad. "Quality of materials" is.....quality of materials. The material itself has no impact on how well you use that material.

Build quality is also longevity. The engine example is a perfect analogy for this. If you build an engine out of a fantastic material, but the precision of the machining isn't as good, or an improper amount of fuel is injected, your build quality is not good. Building with a lesser material, but with tighter tolerances and more precision....will equate to better longevity, and overall function, of the engine.
You are correct. Other person is incorrect.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana