Slight screen tint issue

kroker

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Hi. I recently bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1. I didn't know much about this tablet before buying it, but all the reviews praised the screen, and that's mainly why I bought it. Overall, I'm happy with the tablet, but it does have a few small annoyances. The most annoying one of them is that the screen has a slight blue / purple tint on the bottom side.

I just wanted to ask you, is it normal for the screen to look like this or is mine slightly defective?

f4fqbm.jpg

screen_tint_2.jpg

It's visible on white and lighter color shades, and seems to be more visible with lower brightness levels.

When viewing a black picture a very tiny amount of backlight bleeding is also visible on the bottom of the screen, but I'm not sure it's related to the first problem because it's less noticeable and seems to be a common problem on this type of screen from what I've read.

Other small annoyances include the fact that auto-brightness is too dark at times, and for some reason it seems that the tablet is always slightly readjusting white level / tone when scrolling in a browser depending on how much white is on the page (I've read that the Tab S does this to prevent AMOLED burn-in, but why does this LCD tablet also do this?)

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
No screen is perfect. You could try for an exchange, but the new one might not be any better.

Other small annoyances include the fact that auto-brightness is too dark at times
Velis Auto Brightness might help a little, but no one is ever satisfied with any screen at all light levels.

and for some reason it seems that the tablet is always slightly readjusting white level / tone when scrolling in a browser depending on how much white is on the page (I've read that the Tab S does this to prevent AMOLED burn-in, but why does this LCD tablet also do this?)
Could you be passing your hand over the light sensor as you scroll? (I do it all the time without meaning to - that darkens and lightens the page as you move your hand.)

kroker

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for the quick reply.

No screen is perfect. You could try for an exchange, but the new one might not be any better.
Ok, I was just curious if other people with this tablet have similar issues. The small backlight bleeding seems to be a common issue for example.

Velis Auto Brightness might help a little, but no one is ever satisfied with any screen at all light levels.
Thanks for the advice, maybe I'll look into third party auto-brightness apps. But I was pretty happy with the auto-brigthness on my mid-range Samsung Galaxy S Advance phone (AMOLED).

Could you be passing your hand over the light sensor as you scroll? (I do it all the time without meaning to - that darkens and lightens the page as you move your hand.)

This also seems to happen when holding the tablet in landscape mode, when the light sensor is fully unobscured. Plus, the light sensor doesn't seem to darken the brightness once it's settled, only to increase the brightness if more light is detected. In order to overcome the low brightness when my room is dimly lit, I just point the tablet at a light source for a bit, and then the brightness stays that way until I turn off the screen.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randomname09