Slow and sometimes no WiFi connection

andonakis

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Hello and sorry if it has been posted.
I have been having wifi issues since I bought this tablet last month. I have already exchanged it thinking it will be the tablet but it's not.
My note 5 and iPad work flawless on my wifi which is ATT. My tablet shows full bars but speed is not up to par..and most times it times out.
Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Sir Loyne

Feb 18, 2016
Visit site
The WiFi in the Samsung's flagship tablet, the S2, is crap. My old Tab4 with KitKat runs circles around it. With the S2, even standing right next to my wireless router, I sometimes only have 1 bar. I frequently have to turn the WiFi off and on to try to sort it out. The only thing you can do that might help is to turn off any power saving options. If you're like me, and you hate the lights turning off and on now with power saving off, you can get this...

Galaxy Button Lights

funpig

Feb 17, 2017
Visit site
I just got the S2. So far, wifi speed and strength has never been an issue for me.

Occasionally, the wifi would disconnect and reconnect and a pop up at the bottom of the screen would say it connected to my network. Most of the time it does not interfere with my usage, but it does knock me out of some online games.

In another thread, it was suggested to go to Settings|more connection settings|nearby device scanning and turned it to off. I did that. So far, it seems to have stopped the disconnects.