Slow charging S7

becool773

Jan 1, 2017
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I have read threads here regarding fast charging hurting the battery. I am okay if the phone takes its time to charge if it helps the battery. I have few queries-
1. To slow charge a S7, do we have to turn off fast charging from the settings and then charge via the charger that came with the phone(the so called fast charger) or should we use a charger from an old phone say SIII etc.?
2. Does this hold true for Motorola's phone also which have turbo charging option?
3. How to measure battery cycles? Any credible app for the same?
4. Any other tip/advice for the battery?

Thanks

H2oflyer

Jun 26, 2016
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I have read threads here regarding fast charging hurting the battery. I am okay if the phone takes its time to charge if it helps the battery. I have few queries-
1. To slow charge a S7, do we have to turn off fast charging from the settings and then charge via the charger that came with the phone(the so called fast charger) or should we use a charger from an old phone say SIII etc.?
2. Does this hold true for Motorola's phone also which have turbo charging option?
3. How to measure battery cycles? Any credible app for the same?
4. Any other tip/advice for the battery?

Thanks
Try AccuBattery.......Gives you all the charging data and cycles

H2oflyer

Jun 26, 2016
Visit site
Regarding question #1 , fast charge disabled will be "slow" charge on supplied fast charger or old charger.

Fast charge only works on proper fast chargers such as supplied with the S7 or for example on my Anker Qualcomm 2.0 quick charge battery pack, which can also do a slow charge .

becool773

Jan 1, 2017
Visit site
Regarding question #1 , fast charge disabled will be "slow" charge on supplied fast charger or old charger.

Fast charge only works on proper fast chargers such as supplied with the S7 or for example on my Anker Qualcomm 2.0 quick charge battery pack, which can also do a slow charge .

Thanks. I have disabled fast charging, now should I charge with the supplied fast charger or with an old charger of SIII(This might have some voltage input/output difference I am not sure though)

H2oflyer

Jun 26, 2016
Visit site
"Should I turn off fast charging" is a good thread that has most of your answers.

Use the supplied charger. The phone's battery charging circuit and charge setting is what controls the charging current.

becool773

Jan 1, 2017
Visit site
"Should I turn off fast charging" is a good thread that has most of your answers.

Use the supplied charger. The phone's battery charging circuit and charge setting is what controls the charging current.

Thanks a lot. I am not able to find the option to turn off fast charging on the revamped settings page after the Nougat update. Where are they located?