Slow performance. Recommendations for a cleaning App?

emock81

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
If clearing the cache doesn't do enough for you there is always doing a factory reset. I know it's a pain but it's well worth it. I had an app that was causing some problems on my device (like rebooting it randomly) even after uninstalled and a buddy of mine that has the same phone was complaining of major lag problems. We both did a reset and restored our apps and they both run like new again. If you have the time do it. It will be worth it in the end.

DevilInPgh

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I cleaned the app data from Gmail and noticed after a couple of times dramatic improvement in performance in the app. I would suggest doing the same to other apps which are backed up in the cloud, especially those that have been installed on your phone for a long time and have item on top of item written, some of which may be conflicting. Do this before doing a factory reset (especially since Helium doesn't work with this phone. Why Motorola won't fix this to bring it in line with other Android manufacturers, I don't know).

steve0617

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
Do you have apps grouped into folders on your home screen? See if removing the apps back into one app/no folders improves the lag. It did on mine and I totally tripped over it. Same apps as individuals? Works fine. As soon as I group the same apps into folders? Slows down.

Maybe it's just me, but ungrouping them helped a good bit.

jtc303

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Developer options... Change window/transition/animator scale from 1 to .5, you should see improved responsiveness

|[JTC MaxxHD]|

EngineerGuy

May 15, 2013
Visit site
A few weeks ago I cleared the cache but it didn't show any appreciable difference in performance. Still very sluggish.

Bit the bullet and did a factory reset and the phone acted like it did when it was new. It was actually enjoyable to use it again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sterrekroesbergen