SM900GH Trying to root lollipop.

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site
Hello, I haven't played around with my phone for a while now and I didn't realize after I updated to lollipop the previous root has been locked and now my phone does not have root access, which I need for "Tasker" at this moment. Can someone please help me find the right files to flash into my phone so it won't break on me "? Much appreciated!

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Hello, I haven't played around with my phone for a while now and I didn't realize after I updated to lollipop the previous root has been locked and now my phone does not have root access, which I need for "Tasker" at this moment. Can someone please help me find the right files to flash into my phone so it won't break on me "? Much appreciated!

Hello and welcome to Android Central SparklingPotato!

Could you double check your Galaxy S5 model, SM900GH, as per #1.2 of 40 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Unfortunately I can't upload a picture because I need more forum posts so I'll write it down for you :

" Model Number
SM-G900H
Android Version
5.0"

You have the octa core, non 4G/LTE, model. I am afraid that custom ROMs for this variant are few and far between. However, there are a few listed on the xda developers site, here...

Galaxy S 5 Android Development - XDA Forums

Try, also...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s5/development/rom-zephyr-lite-v1-rooted-knox-free-t2841674

http://www.teamandroid.com/2015/07/...ket-galaxy-s5-g900h-lollipop-custom-firmware/

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site
Thanks ironass, my phone won't recognize it's been plugged during recovery mode. Is there a way to fix that? I've tried multiple cables already.
EDIT : I'm really sorry for wasting your time, I was never on download mode but recovery mode which is when you press the Volume UP key (my V.Down is ruined) so I thought it won't work. I did use the Xda Auto-Root thread and now I'm rooted so thank you very much :)
You can lock this ^^.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reflavius