Smartphone User for the First Day!

mastavic

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Hello, I hope you're well.

My girlfriend lost her cell phone yesterday, and I purchased an LG Optimus T for her today to replace it, making this the first time she and I have ever used a Smartphone.

I'm looking through this forum, but there's a load of information I'm trying to understand. Until today, I have never even heard of the technical term root, and have never even seen an Android in action (heck, I've only used the iPhone once!). Just to make sure, can someone confirm that once the Optimus T is rooted, I can somehow get games and apps for free on it?

The thread I'm really reading through is the [How-To] Root LG Optimus T one, and I hope everything there is up-to-date and will work for my girlfriend's phone. I'm probably just going to use Z4Root as recommended here, unless someone tells me otherwise.

Any suggestions for a complete Android newbie would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Vic

Last edited:

TechTinker

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Hello there, welcome to the forum.

Rooting is kinda like jailbreaking the iPhone, modding your phone ect.
Probably isnt too recommend unless you really want to, im unsure about the games things, I never used much of a smartphone or android either.

Hope you can figure out how to use it and what your looking for, have a great time with your (well your gf's) first smartphone :)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
haileyroyer67