Question Smartphones vs Tablet

j1ulioo

May 16, 2024
Visit site
I am considering to buy a device for gaming purposes. One of the option is to buy a midrange flagship phone (some recommended me oneplus ace 2 pro and oneplus ace 3) and the other is to buy cheaper phone (poco F5 for example) and buy a gaming tablet. Considering the price of gaming tablet is similar to the more expensive phone (they both costs around 13.5k ntd last time I check shopee), which is more bang for a buck and is more worth it? Feel free to give me recommendation outside these options and give your opinions! Thank you!

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I do a fair bit of gaming and I prefer a phone over a gaming tablet. Which, btw, is a new concept to me, but I know there are gaming phones. Without knowing the specific tablet you're considering the only benefit I can think of is a larger screen. If I'm wanting to do large screen gaming, I hop on my PC or a console on TV. Plus a phone is much more portable. When done. You can slip it into a pocket and go about your day.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I have a Pixel Tablet, which is great for gaming (although I don't play super-intensive games, so I can't speak to that). My main game is Asphalt 9, which is still pretty demanding even though it was released all the way back in 2018. But from what I understand, it's not for sale in Taiwan.

I'm currently visiting Japan, and saw this NEC tablet, which I started lusting after: https://www.nec-lavie.jp/products/tablet/lavie/t9/. 8.8" screen (which I think is the sweet spot for gaming, since it's small enough to hold comfortably for a long time, but with a big enough screen so that you won't miss tiny details), Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1, 8 GB RAM, 2560x1600 display -- you just don't see these specs on Android tablets this size in the US. With the strong USD, it would cost a little over $600, which isn't too outlandish, but I didn't pull the trigger, since I'm not sure if there are any regional restrictions.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abdulbari266