Smartwatch brand/operating system compatibility?

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
So I've officially made myself more than dizzy looking at smartwatches. I purchased an LG Stylo Plus because even with the signal booster my ported VZW Note 5 is not making/receiving calls inside my house which I knew was a potential problem when we switched. I can't afford another Note at this point even a used one so yes, I'm downgrading out of necessity.

Now I need a 3G or 4G smartwatch to go with it. From some of the stuff I've read I *think* I'm reading that a newer Samsung Gear Classic now works on Android even though Samsung runs Tizen. Am I reading correctly?

A Gear is*not* a priority, I just want to make sure whatever watch I get will be fully compatible.

Thanks,
Deb

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Yes, it will work with other androids (and even ios in beta form right now) as long as the phone meets some minimum requirements for OS level and memory (both of which the Stylo more than meets.)

priceslss

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
The newer samsung watches (after the Gear S) work with all newer androids. I had the Gear S2 and the LG V10 and it worked fine. I am back to all Samsung (S7 Edge and Gear S3) but it had nothing to do with compatibility it was my V10 bootlooping.