SMS Text Message Help on Triumph

ckane66

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm a total droid newbie and just purchased Triumph--hoping you can help with two SMS Text questions:

1. What is the easiest way to send a mass sms text to multiple contacts without having to type in individual contact names from the default keyboard? I have not adjusted the keyboard settings (or downloaded any other keyboards) at this point.

2. I transferred my contacts from my outlook to the triump via gmail (saved as a .csv file and imported)--when I attempt to send a text via the messaging icon (instead of from contacts), instead of the contact phone number showing up when I type a contact name, their email shows up instead--I then have to go to the contacts icon, pull the name up and then tap the messaging button from that screen so that the contact phone number shows up in the "To" keyboard field? How can I change this so that the phone number shows up when I try to text via the messaging icon?

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I have never owned a Triumph or exporting contacts through gmail so I couldnt help with that. But I dont think you can send a mass SMS message to multiple contacts through the stock messaging app without putting them in 1 by 1. They might be able to through Handcent or Go Messenger but I dont see how the Stock one will do it. I dont remember the name, but I remembered an app that would actually mass text those people and when they answer, there like answering to eachother to. Something weird lol. The only way I can send a mass text is by making the text and adding the people individually on the stock messaging app. I believe the Atrix was the same way. My Infuse is that same way to. Someone can chime in if they know how, but I dont think its possible with stock messaging.

catchjeff

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
you will have to do a few things if you want to send out a mass text depending on what app you want to use for your sms. As stated earlier the stock sms will not do mass texts and frankly it is a piece of crap anyways along with the other stock stuff like app launcher and keyboard and sms.

Personally I would go to the market and download the go launcher ex and after that the go sms and go contacts apps. Last but not least either the go keyboard or the android 2.3 keyboard. You will fix a lot of your issues you will notice in the future with those apps like auto correct for the keyboard.

Once you add those just read the instructions on how to make them the default apps and it will be clean sailing from there sort of.

Others will chime in but that is my 1 cent after taxes.

Reactions: ckane66

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
go through your contacts and make sure that the phone number you have for them is labeled "mobile" becuase some apps, like the texting app, dont bring up the name of a contact that has no "mobile" numbers.

best thing to do is try a 3rd party texting app. Go SMS is a VERY good texting app with much much more capabilities than the stock google SMS app.

give it a try, and go through your contacts and make sure the numbers are labeled correctly.

I guess google expects most people to add contacts one by one when they get their first android phone, thus building a list of perfectly sorted contacts. rather than importing them and having them all as "home" labeled numbers.

Reactions: ckane66

treelover3

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I have GO SMS on my Opt V and when I go over 160 characters, a second text is created. For each 160 characters entered, a new text message is created so the entire message gets to to the reciepient. Since VM has unlimited texts, this is no big deal.

I'm going out to get the Triumph tonight to give it a try. I'm going to download GO SMS onto the Triumph and will test to see if the same multi-text creation happens on the Triumph.
tl?

treelover3

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I purchased the Triumph on Friday night and so far, no problems at all. I love the large screen since it makes texting, and everything else much easier to see due to the larger screen.

I use GO SMS Pro for texting and there is a setting to split large messages. The description says: Split messages when the length exceeds 160 characters (Useful for phones on CDMA networks).

Monty.Dizon

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I've downloaded GO SMS pro to use iemoji plugin. For some reason it's not showing up on my friends iPhone :X any help or suggestions. I've done the steps on the description section in the market but still no luck :(

MikeyBoiBlue

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I was wondering if there is a way to get Go Messenger to convert large text messages into a multimedia message? I have a LG Esteem which when using it's messaging program will perform this mega useful function. Whenever I send the split messages I have people tell me I doesn't come through in the order I typed. I love all the fun stuff the Go Ex apps do, but really would hate to have to go back to my bloatware texting feature ╮(╯_╰)╭

Astro John

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
Re: word predict on Triumph

I have a new Motorola Triumph phone and I'm having an issue with word predict. it just copies what I am writing and not trying to predict words. I have it turned on and I have checked to see if there was a software update on the phone..but there is none.

has anyone had this issue? if so, How can I fix

Astro John :-\

catchjeff

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
John

The stock keyboard sucks. My 9 year old can predict the outcome of the NASDAQ better the it can predict words. You should download one of the keyboards in the app market and use that instead of Tue stock keyboard. I use the gingerbread for android keyboard and have not had an issue.

jakson0100

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Personally I would go to the market and download the go launcher ex and after that the go sms and go contacts apps. Last but not least either the go keyboard or the android 2.3 keyboard. You will fix a lot of your issues you will notice in the future with those apps like auto correct for the keyboard.

b_randon14

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
It predicts no words cause Motorola forgot to add the dictionaries to the keyboard. I fixed it and posted it over at android forum.
And never download go products. They are horribly coded.

Sent from my MOTWX435KT using Tapatalk

Mlek2

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
My friend added me in a text thread to multiple people and it will not let me reply to everyone at once. Pleasssssse help I cannot figure it out. I even downloaded go SMS

gilson cao

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
yes it allows more than 160 characters. but please help me. whenever i send sms using go sms pro. and i exceed only 80 characters. the receiver of the sms only receives a cut portion of the sms. meaning the receiver only receives the sms which is shortened. just almost the half of my message is what they received. please help me. what to do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali