Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
So who else got hammered?

We had about 10" on the ground, got 36" more and will be getting 14"+ tomorrow evening. Electricity and cable are both still unreliable, and I missed the 4th quarter of the game yesterday.

I love living in my sleepy little mountain town, but I'm ready to move back home to Flawda :D

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site

We had about 10" on the ground, got 36" more and will be getting 14"+ tomorrow evening. Electricity and cable are both still unreliable, and I missed the 4th quarter of the game yesterday.

I love living in my sleepy little mountain town, but I'm ready to move back home to Flawda :D

All I wanted to do this month (month off from school) was go see some snow! I'm in Florida, and even when it snowed in Florida a few weeks ago, I was too far south! Damnit.... and yet not. I'm glad I wasn't in a blizzard.

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site

In Colorado here.... I haven't left the house for 48 hours. Not very much snow sticking. There's only about 4-5 inches, although it has been STEADILY coming down for 48 hours. It's just miserable and wet and gross out.

You missed the end of the game... that sucks. It must have been REAL happy in your house.

My parents are in Tampa bay and call me in the winter just to gloat - I call them in Summer and gloat when they're dripping.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
All I wanted to do this month (month off from school) was go see some snow! I'm in Florida, and even when it snowed in Florida a few weeks ago, I was too far south! Damnit.... and yet not. I'm glad I wasn't in a blizzard.

Heh. I was born in Virginia, but moved to Fla when I was like 7. I'm sure it snowed when I was little, but the first snow I remember was Jan 31 1987, which was also the day I married my ex-wife lol. Horrible day all around.

Yeah it ain't so warm in Flawda either.

*SMACK* it's 6 here man. S-I-X. I think I'm going to die :D

Sounds like Christmas weather. It's actually sunny here in Seattle, if you can believe that :)

Christmas is past. Now give me back my sunshine and take back your rain and ice and snow and sleet and hell. Nobody asked me if I wanted to trade...

In Colorado here.... I haven't left the house for 48 hours. Not very much snow sticking. There's only about 4-5 inches, although it has been STEADILY coming down for 48 hours. It's just miserable and wet and gross out.

You missed the end of the game... that sucks. It must have been REAL happy in your house.

My parents are in Tampa bay and call me in the winter just to gloat - I call them in Summer and gloat when they're dripping.

Dude...you don't live in a Haunted Hotel with Shelly Duval do you? lmao. I know what ya mean, it's been at least 48 hours since I have been able to even open the door.

Cable went out, so no TV or internet. I'm sitting there inventing new cuss words and forgot I have a Hero that could open Sprint NFL/TV with a click. Wasn't until a few hours later i hooked up to tether and saw the icon in my drawer and felt like an idiot that I realized I am in fact an idiot lol. Too much peanuts and beer I think.

ERDude

Oct 21, 2009
www.droidtalk.net
Holy Crap! I grew up in Merritt Island. My parents still live there. Small world and an even smaller town/ err island). My parents were complaining about the cold.

Yeah, here for the winter for a job, then back to sunny So CA, the OC specifically. I don't know how anyone can live here, there's nothing to do.

ERDude

Oct 21, 2009
www.droidtalk.net
gbhil - I haven't seen weather this cold in 33 years. I'm a Southern CA beach boy, well I have been since the age of 13. Cold and I just don't get along.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
In mid Michigan and I still see grass in my yard, heck one more day above freezing and I might go play a round of golf. Haven't had much snow at all this year but its been below freezing for a couple of months.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Just started to snow here and its not going to stop until tomorrow : (

But you crazy lake people are supposed to like the snow :D

Good news is power has been on long enough to charge every single thing that needed charging...even the game controllers lol. At 4 AM there were green and red lights everywhere in the house, looked like Christmas all over again.

Lets hope it stays on, at least long enough to look through the Homes For Sale section of the Key West Citizen online classifieds lol.