So far the HTC One M8 wins best phone ever for me

truthteller10

Banned
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Beautiful build,excellent battery,superb music quality both from the speaker and from the audio Jack, smoothness,no lag,and decent camera make this phone the best I've ever had. The battery for me is actually better than the g2 which says a lot. HTC has done an amazing job here and if you all have seen past post I don't usually praise most manufacturers.

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
I feel the same way. It's gotten to the point where I'm looking forward to the next version. HTC really raised the bar with the M8 it's a fantastic phone. I have never been happier.

truthteller10

Banned
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
This is excellent to me. 5 hours screen time average

y4a9ybyv.jpg

johnmcc0710

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
This is hands down the best phone I have had. I think HTC has caused Samsung some problems with what they did with phone compared to the M7 and Samsung didn't do as much from the S4 to the S5.

JibbaJabba10

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
No regrets for getting my M8 either!
Moved away from Apple. Best thing I have done!
Great build. Very fast. Always got signal. Battery is amazing.
:)

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I am in the same boat.
I often switch devices and always feel a need to try different ones or get the latest greatest devices. But with the M8 i dont want to. It fits all my needs and i dont have an urge or desire to go to anything else.
I am looking forward to the awaited 4.4.3(4) updates but other then that no complaints.

Indoler

Banned
Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
It will be interesting to see how it 'ages'. How long it can hold on to its effectively PR crafted premium image. It's not really in the same league with the likes of SGS5, LG G3, SGN3, etc., after all.

Whyareallthegoodnamestaken

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
It will be interesting to see how it 'ages'. How long it can hold on to its effectively PR crafted premium image. It's not really in the same league with the likes of SGS5, LG G3, SGN3, etc., after all.

How is it not in the same league? If you mean it's in a league of its own, I'd agree. None of those phones touch this one.

Posted via Android Central App

Indoler

Banned
Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
How is it not in the same league?

Since you ask: compared to SGS5, LG G3, SGN3, etc., the M8 has got a decidedly lo-res cam, is longer, thicker, heavier, is more slippery, has got a smaller available screen area, is not water resistant, has no fingerprint scanner, no heart rate monitor, no USB 3.0, etc. etc. Need I go on?
Of course the M8 looks much more Star Trek for those who are sensitive to that sort of thing. And it has better sound.

NoNexus

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Outside the USB 3.0 and the crappy camera, the rest is subjective and depends on the person.

For instance, while I agree that the M8 is the 3-4th best phone out, I prefer a heavier phone with good speakers.

My wife likes the waterproofing on the S5, I could not care any less about it.

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Since you ask: compared to SGS5, LG G3, SGN3, etc., the M8 has got a decidedly lo-res cam, is longer, thicker, heavier, is more slippery, has got a smaller available screen area, is not water resistant, has no fingerprint scanner, no heart rate monitor, no USB 3.0, etc. etc. Need I go on?
Of course the M8 looks much more Star Trek for those who are sensitive to that sort of thing. And it has better sound.

Like NoNexus said, it's subjective. Personally I can't stand OLED screens because of the over saturation and black splotches. Touchwiz is awful and gimmicky and LG phones are poorly optimised.

The M8 may be lacking compared to the competition in some areas but nothing to justify saying it's not in the same league. You're indulging in hyperbole.

Indoler

Banned
Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
Outside the USB 3.0 and the crappy camera, the rest is subjective and depends on the person.

Lo-res cam, longer, thicker, heavier, more slippery, smaller available screen area, not water resistant, no fingerprint scanner, no heart rate monitor, and no USB 3.0 are anything BUT subjective, friend. They are al measurable = OBjective shortcomings compared to the flagship phones.

wmurch3

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
How is having no heart rate monitor or finger print scanner a short coming? I bet 90% of the people who have the S5 don't even use them. Just throwing a bunch of specs into a phone does not a good experience make.

It's longer than most sure but that's because it has front facing speakers which i think most people would agree is an acceptable tradeoff. Not water resistant? I believe it is actually water resistant but not "certified" resistant. I have dropped mine in the water unfortunately and it was fine.

I guess i'll give you the "low-res cam" but it also takes better pictures than all other phones in low-light which is a feature you don't list. USB 3.0 would be nice I guess but is that really a feature? How often are you transferring large data files to your phone? If it speeds up charging I guess that's nice.

I think the S5's lukewarm reception has proved you can't just throw features into a phone and expect people to run out and buy it. HTC takes a less is more approach to their phones and it shows in how well the One handles everyday tasks.

johnmcc0710

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I don't think a heart rate monitor on a phone is ever going to be accurate. The camera is adequate for most but agreed not as good as some phones. Fingerprint scanner, I don't Samsungs is used much and from what I read as good as Apple. Water resistant, only to me of it rains does it matter.

I think the M8 is a great phone and to me too many features can cause lag and other issues. Samsung would have been better off adding the feature but fixing touch wiz and the outer case.

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Lo-res cam, longer, thicker, heavier, more slippery, smaller available screen area, not water resistant, no fingerprint scanner, no heart rate monitor, and no USB 3.0 are anything BUT subjective, friend. They are al measurable = OBjective shortcomings compared to the flagship phones.

They're subjective in the sense that they're of relative importance depending on who you are.

Speaking for myself and not for him, none of the things you mentioned matter to me or in some cases, I actually prefer my phones that way.

NoNexus

May 10, 2013
Visit site
They're subjective in the sense that they're of relative importance depending on who you are.

Speaking for myself and not for him, none of the things you mentioned matter to me or in some cases, I actually prefer my phones that way.

TY from saving me from typing it out. Pretty much what I would have said. Again INdoler, the only thing on your second list that is not subjective is the USB 3. M8 and G3 screwed the pooch there

Smply_Rcklss

May 21, 2014
Visit site
I can careless about a heart monitor sensor whatever its called, it'll be cool here there but I'd never really use that often. Fingerprint scanner is the same thing, I thought the face unlock feature was cool for a day then never used it again. They're all good phones tho regardless, like OP said the M8 is the best for him while u all might agree the G3 or the S5 is the best for u. I like the M8 the best because it does what I need it to.

Tapatalk'n On The M8 ☕🐸

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance