So how's it going, Pixel 8 fans?

tjoebgen

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm rather... meh. It's ok.
I came to the P8P a week ago from a Galaxy S7 (loved that phone right up until it suddenly died after a glorious 8 year run). I like the P8P camera and that the swipe texting is a lot more accurate, and much faster and roomier of course.

But, coming from a GS7, I'm having some issues with missing features and strange appearance things.
Things like,
1) being able to wake/unlock my phone from my bluetooth keyboard.
2) the constantly changing locked screen. I want it to stay a certain brightness all the time (the dimmed view is too dim), and I don't want the display to change to some compact form (where I can't read the time/etc) when a notification comes in (but I still want the notification). And keep my weather information on it!! Some days it shows weather, some days it does not!
3) ring/notification tones. None of these really trip my trigger.
4) Are there any other options for screen customizing (locked and wake) other than what we get stock? I've looked through several sites for people sharing their screens, and all of them are from the stock set. Are 3rd party apps even allowed anymore?

Last edited:

KrisYYC

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I really like the form factor and physical dimensions of my P8 compared to the P6 that it replaced. But that's about it. This has been the buggiest Pixel I've ever had. Dropped calls on two different carriers, app crashes, camera crashes, auto focus issues especially during video recording, weird wireless charging antics on Pixel stand 2, and now I'm starting to get that weird green display thing. 3 times in the last month or so my phone display suddenly went completely green. I have to lock the phone to go to the lock screen to get back to normal.

Problem is none of these issues can be replicated so I doubt a warranty case can be made, unless the green screen thing really ends up being permanent.

Matt Casey

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
I really like the form factor and physical dimensions of my P8 compared to the P6 that it replaced. But that's about it. This has been the buggiest Pixel I've ever had. Dropped calls on two different carriers, app crashes, camera crashes, auto focus issues especially during video recording, weird wireless charging antics on Pixel stand 2, and now I'm starting to get that weird green display thing. 3 times in the last month or so my phone display suddenly went completely green. I have to lock the phone to go to the lock screen to get back to normal.

Problem is none of these issues can be replicated so I doubt a warranty case can be made, unless the green screen thing really ends up being permanent.
Sounds like at a minimum you should do a factory reset and look hard at your third party apps. If that doesn't help, send it in for repair on warranty. Something's wrong with your device.

Matt Casey

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
some issues with missing features and strange appearance things.

Adaptive brightness:

Customize lock screen:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ezeifeduba Daniel