So is the Droid team the anticipated iPhone rival?

o2bnclemson

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
I have several friends with iPhones and I honestly don't see how their iPhones are better than my Droid Eris other than the strength of the app store and accessories, and perhaps a bit of a 3G speed advantage.

But my Eris has the multiple home screens, allows folders, comes with free GPS navigation and multiple GPS tie-ins and is open source; and the Moto Droid currently one-ups the Eris in speed and screen size and resolution.

So is this pairing of the Eris and Moto Droid, and future similar Android units, going to knock the iPhone off the smartphone throne? And are the Androids going to kill off the Blackberry's market share?

infg3570

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
Nothing I'm typing right now is scientific or factual data - just pure opinion. Is droid going to knock off the Iphone, don't know. I think it will, however, hurt windows mobile. They are on 6.5 and I've heard that it still crashes a lot. This phone/OS is highly customizable compared to the iPhone. IMHO, this is a serious contender to the Iphone.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I believe the android devices will dominate the smart phone market very soon. I know blackberry is going to take a hit from these devices for sure. As far as the iPhone I think with apple choosing ATT they will also loose market share. I'd Google plays their cards right they will be the leader of the pact. Now winmo and palm are done I see them fadind away.