So let's pretend I'm new at this.....

jsorryman

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Total newb here, wanted to consolidate my questions into 1 thread. I have had my EVO 3D for a.month now. Swapped the first one after 2 weeks, because it kept freezing up. A lot.

New one seems to be working much better. A few times, however, the icons in the apps screen have become unresponsive. Soft reboot usually does the trick.... Is this cause for concern?

On my Blackberry, I could send videos regardless of their duration. I seem to have a problem sending vids as a MMS. I am told they are too big. Even the apps available like handcent won't let me send vids. I'm talking 18M. Is this because of the resolution? Blackberry was a paltry 1.2 megapixels....

Battery life has been less than impressive, though I'm learning to manage it more efficiently.

Seems like if I leave Facebook running on my EVO, my batt drains FAST. It seems that the only way to keep a decent charge is to not have ANY apps running in the background. EVER. Again, never a prob with my Blackberry. And speaking of Facebook, how does the Facebook interface in friend stream differ from the Facebook app? Do I need them both?

I don't want to.sound unhappy, this phone rocks hard. I rarely swith on 4G because my 3G is so fast, and if I am chilling somewhere with WiFi, I just switch over. Games, video quality, available apps are all killer. Just a few concerns.

And did anyone else buy the Solio charger from the Sprint store? ' Cause I did, and it.seems more like a battery backup than a charger. Any thoughts?

Thanks, gang!

deandino2359

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Remember that you dont want to put any app that automatically updates such as fb as a widget on your homescreen because it eats up the battery. If you put it there,set it that it will only update when you do it manually. otherwise its continually updating even in sleep mode and burning thru your battery

3Down

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I've had my 3D for a little over a month & have struggled with the battery life the whole time. Go to bed with 40% & wake up to find the phone shut off. Which is not good, I use my phone as an alarm also. Placing it in airplane mode was the only solution I found. Last night I did the maintenance update. It's taken my attention away from the battery issue however due to the other changes. Web browsing is extremely slow now. It reminds me of the days of dial up. Keyboard doesn't change when using the shift or symbol keys, it's always on caps now & swype seems the only option. Though I cannot get the trace to work on it either. Have not updated the system for fear of what other undesired changes will take affect. Knew better than to update something that wasn't broke!

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I've had my 3D for a little over a month & have struggled with the battery life the whole time. Go to bed with 40% & wake up to find the phone shut off.

Did you look at the battery usage to see what took up your battery life in that time? Going from 40% to shutdown overnight usually indicates a problem. My 3D's life drops about 2 % overnight

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I didn't know there was an extended battery for the 3D. Are there Otterboxes that fit it?

Not unless you stick with the 1900mAH battery that fits int he same case. The other extended batteries (that give you more charge) cause your phone to be thicker, so the otterbox cases do not fit.

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
And speaking of Facebook, how does the Facebook interface in friend stream differ from the Facebook app? Do I need them both?

I've found the Friend Stream/Facebook for HTC Sense is better for upload pics. You get more options (like tagging), but the standard market Facebook app is better for browsing Facebook. I'm coming from a Blackberry also, and I'm actually a little disappointed with the Android Facebook app. But it's not a big enough deal for me to stress over, because android kicks blackberry @** in every other way!!!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lunarmoon0320