So Lollipop has just arrived...

skollieg

May 4, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys I am in South Africa and have just had the update pop up. After the last few months of reading mixed reviews on the update. I would like to know directly from you guys if it is worth it and what precautions should be made before installing... Thanks in advance.

Posted via the Android Central App

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys I am in South Africa and have just had the update pop up. After the last few months of reading mixed reviews on the update. I would like to know directly from you guys if it is worth it and what precautions should be made before installing... Thanks in advance.

Posted via the Android Central App

Unlike, say, AT&T or Verizon users who account for the vast majority of complaints on forums, you will be getting genuine Samsung stock Lollipop firmware. To-date, Samsung have released over 500 Lollipop firmwares worldwide for the Galaxy S5 and it is generally regarded as a big improvement on KitKat. From my own point of view I find it offers better battery and performance and would never return to KitKat.

Two threads that will give you a better idea of your model of S5 and how to prepare for Lollipop, are...

40 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide

S5 Lollipop Update Problems - Dummies Guide

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Covenant01