So, the Merge's re-emergence didn't sway you... What about the D-Inc2?

mlpjunior

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
As just recently reported by Engadget... The Droid Incredible 2 has been discovered in Verizon's system.

HTC Droid Incredible 2 shows up in Verizon's system -- Engadget

So, everyone obviously expected the Dinc2 to wind up on Verizon at some point, but does this mean it's coming sooner rather than later? The Dinc2's European cousin, the Incredible S is already for sale in the UK, after just being announced 2 weeks ago at MWC. Based on that timetable, it is highly conceivable the the Incredible 2 and the Bolt could land within a month of each other. This wasn't part of the original master plan, since we know the Bolt was supposed to have been in the market for 2 weeks by now.

The big question, then, is this: If that scenario pans out, would you be willing to wait a couple of weeks to see how the Dinc2 turns out before making a purchase decision on the Bolt?

Impatient as I am, I'm personally leaning towards "yes".

66dude

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Oh geez, not this crap again. Another "But what about so and so instead of the TB?" thread.

Neither the Merge nor the Dinc2 are LTE phones. Come back when you actually have another VZW 4G phone to talk about that would be released by the end of March.

mlpjunior

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
Oh geez, not this crap again. Another "But what about so and so instead of the TB?" thread.

Neither the Merge nor the Dinc2 are LTE phones. Come back when you actually have another VZW 4G phone to talk about that would be released by the end of March.

Oh geez, not this crap again. Another "Stop talking about anything other than the Thunderbolt in here!" post.

Edit: Also, many people looking at the Bolt don't live in 4G markets. For them especially, the Incredible 2 represents a legitimate competitor.

Reactions: EleventhHour2139

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I'd consider an Incredible 2. Probably will just get the TB whenever it drops, but it's nice to have options. Even if they're both just thoughts right now. Ha

mlpjunior

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
We don't know when Dinc2 is dropping. It may take months.

True. Seems odd that HTC would be launching 3 significant Android phones on one carrier (Bolt, Merge, Dinc2) in such a short timespan, after only having 1 Android phone on Verizon for all of 2010 (Dinc).

Dreday24

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
True. Seems odd that HTC would be launching 3 significant Android phones on one carrier (Bolt, Merge, Dinc2) in such a short timespan, after only having 1 Android phone on Verizon for all of 2010 (Dinc).

No it makes perfect sense,

Thunderbolt for people who live in an LTE area, who want a semi high end device
Incredible 2 for people who don't like 4.3inch screens
Merge for people who want a keyboard.

spooluptheFTL

Banned
Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Are they LTE?

No?

Pass.

I'm the opposite camp (don't live in an LTE area).

The Incredible 2 does interest me, but I'm not a big fan of the physical Incredible S design (assuming it would be derived from that). All the phones that HTC announced at MWC seemed a little uninspired in terms of design in comparison to the Galaxy S2, IMO.

amotter

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site

I am confused by this quote and other people saying the 4G is not a big deal and that you can just turn it off on your t-bolt to conserve power...can someone explain if 4G is in fact a big deal (especially if you need to turn it off and work off of 3G)?

Android 19

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
the people that don't care about 4g for now don't because there is no 4g network in their area. Or may not be for a good while. Those that are in an area with 4g want it for the speeds, and yes, it should be able to be turned off to conserve battery when not in use for data. Similar to the evo, and no, i am not calling the tb an evo or evo clone by any means!

thedeceiver

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
the people that don't care about 4g for now don't because there is no 4g network in their area. Or may not be for a good while. Those that are in an area with 4g want it for the speeds, and yes, it should be able to be turned off to conserve battery when not in use for data. Similar to the evo, and no, i am not calling the tb an evo or evo clone by any means!

Agreed. Shutting off unnecessary power drains is just a way of life for us Android users. I would assume this will be no different regardless of how well they fix the current issue.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

sammy303

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I would strongly consider the Inc2 over the TB if they came out within a few weeks of each other. I think 4" screen is really the sweet spot when it comes to screen sizes. I wanted the TB because it would have been the best new phone out there, but if the Inc2 has similar specs, but without LTE, I can live with that. Even though I'm in an LTE area, I don't see myself downloading big files or needing 4G speeds for my day to day use.

tekhna

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I would strongly consider the Inc2 over the TB if they came out within a few weeks of each other. I think 4" screen is really the sweet spot when it comes to screen sizes. I wanted the TB because it would have been the best new phone out there, but if the Inc2 has similar specs, but without LTE, I can live with that. Even though I'm in an LTE area, I don't see myself downloading big files or needing 4G speeds for my day to day use.

Agreed. I'm rethinking the TBolt, screen size being one of the reasons. 4" in pocketable. And if the Inc2 is a world phone, that's huge for me.

jas o

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Dinc 2 could be of interest. 4.3" might be a little big 4" could be just right. Does anyone have rough spec yet on it? If World phone that makes huge difference as I travel to Eurpoe quite a bit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kara4151