So what is new with 5.0 and/or 5.1?

the mickey

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Everyone is talking about Lollipop but no one seems to mention what the changes are that come with it?

What will Lollipop change on my Nexus 7?

Is this a case of only the people who wrote it know what the changes are and the rest of us are kept in the dark?

the mickey

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Have you looked through this?

Yes Diddy, I looked through it. Perhaps I should say, "I saw through it." I read it before I posted my question. That "article" is really a paid advertisement.

Thanks for pointing it out. And yes, it does describe a lot of features. I just wonder if they are functioning as intended?

There's not 1 negative word there concerning the new OS. Are you familiar with ANY OS which was flawless upon release? I'm not.

I'm looking for opinions from real world users of Lollipop, not advertising puffery written by some paid hack.

Anyone out there using Lollipop? If so, what do you think of it?

Thanks

Last edited:

Issac Johnson

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
So far I love the UI.... Connecting to Internet's around you much better and even if your far away you won't disconnect I needed this until my official internet service works again.

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Everyone is talking about Lollipop but no one seems to mention what the changes are that come with it?

What will Lollipop change on my Nexus 7?

Is this a case of only the people who wrote it know what the changes are and the rest of us are kept in the dark?

This is what you asked. I just thought I'd link you to the official announcement from Google that describes all of the features. It's not a paid advertisement, because it's from the source--i.e., Google.

I'm looking for opinions from real world users of Lollipop,

If you had said this initially, then I wouldn't have posted the official announcement. Instead, I would have suggested any number of frank Lollipop reviews posted on various tech sites (many of which are not exactly known to be biased towards Google).

the mickey

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
This is what you asked. I just thought I'd link you to the official announcement from Google that describes all of the features. It's not a paid advertisement, because it's from the source--i.e., Google.

My mistake. I should have made what I was looking for clearer and I apologize for not doing so.

And strictly speaking, very strictly, I suppose it might not be a "paid advertisement."

How about it's a "press release" written by Google which they paid to place on the website.

Frankly, I don't see much of a difference. :)

Last edited:

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
My mistake. I should have made what I was looking for clearer and I apologize for not doing so.

And strictly speaking, very strictly, I suppose it might not be a "paid advertisement."

How about it's a "press release" written by Google which they paid to place on the website.

Frankly, I don't see much of a difference. :)

For me, your last line says it all - I really don't see much of a difference other than some cosmetic changes. From a functional perspective, my N7 seems pretty much the same and I don't see performance differences in what had already been a pretty snappy device that had been working well. I'm on 5.0.1.

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I belive the biggest thing with lolipop is that ART is now default .

I have been running the 5.0 leak on my s5 for a week. Now. And it runs smooth on my s5, that's with TouchWiz,

Posted via the Android Central App

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
For me, your last line says it all - I really don't see much of a difference other than some cosmetic changes. From a functional perspective, my N7 seems pretty much the same and I don't see performance differences in what had already been a pretty snappy device that had been working well. I'm on 5.0.1.

Well we are on the Nexus 7 page and I haven't got the update yet. However on my Nexus 5 phone Lollipop added "Trusted Places" by GPS location and "Trusted Devices" (Bluetooth) to unlock my pattern code. Also Lollipop added the ability to change "Google Now" to activate "OK Google" commands inside Apps or from most any place other than just the old home screen. Maybe that not big option for my Nexus 7 (2012 & 2013) tablet that I leave at home but Lollipop sure made it easy to unlock my phone with my car's bluetooth so I can send a text by saying "OK Google Text John" and I never have to unlock my phone when driving. That is big to me. It isn't as good as the Moto X ability but this is one nice feature in Lollipop for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kevnew1