So who else is getting the Tbolt on a 1 year plan and waiting for next year?

barnebyjones

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Next year is more than likely going to have godlike phones that utterly destroy this year's phones. And the whole "dual core phones won't be optimized for around half a year or more" doesn't sound too appetizing either.

So who else is just getting the 1 year plan? And how much do you think it will cost? :D

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I'll more than likely be picking it up off contract, seeing as how I don't do contracts anymore. $700+ is a bit of a killer, but I'll live. :p

As for 1 year contract price, my guess is in the $330-370 range.

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I'd like to get the TBolt on an 1-yr contract 'cause I can't wait much longer for a new phone. I'd prefer some of the upcoming dual-core phones, but considering the additional wait for them to be released and then optimized in the OS, I can buy my time with a TBolt now.

I'm also hoping that VZW doesn't break with their standard price point of $199 for 2-yr and $269 for 1-yr for new smartphone releases. If they go with $249 for 2-yr and $319+ for 1-yr, then I'm going to continue to wait.

kramerica5

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
you don't do contracts? you pay month to month? what is the benefit of that? i plan on doing a 1 year contract since vzw did away with the "you can upgrade at the 12 month mark, just pay $20 more" that not enough people took advantage of.

green77

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I would love to but I have a $100 NE2 credit to use and I don't think it can be used for a 1 year contract.

With the 1 year contract you could get your next phone around Christmas.......

upz3

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
1-year for me on this. HTC really needs to keep up on tech though. If they used their quality builds with top tech no one could touch them right away.

htowngator

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
I'll be picking up two of them... hope its $330 without any rebates. Would suck to have a near $900 bill out the door for two phones.

rbfromma

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Yes, definitely in on a 1 year contract and I am planning for the $330 range.

Much like the OP said, I think late 2011 and 2012 will be great times for phones so I don't want to be stuck with tech envy in a year. And for the next year I get to play with one of the best HTC has to offer and the first LTE phone on VZW.

rigorx

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Getting 1 for me and 1 for the wife, as our Eris' are feeling pretty entry level at this point; despite mine being rooted and running GingerBread CM7.

I'll be picking 1 up on a 1 year contract, and full price for the other. I'll look to pick up a hot new phone in the summer on a 1 year contract, and sell my TBolt. Then our 2 contracts will be offset by about 6 months; so we always have a 1 year contract hardware discount available every 6 months, instead of at the same time as they are currently.

EDIT: There is rumor VZW may be upping the price difference between 1 & 2 year contract discounts. It may be $100 more for a year instead of $70 like its been. So I'm expecting the TBolt to be either $319 or $349 on a 1 year, if the rumored $249 on 2 years ends up being true.

juck

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Im going 1 year too. Not only cause of the phones but I hate being tied up that long. I heard its going to be 100 more too. I was told at BB they would let me do a 1 year but it was 100 more and that the verizon store would be 70 more. But now im hearing Verizon stores may charge 100 more too if so i will go to best buy and get instant rebate and buyback program.

Shuckster

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Going one year and see how I like the Android. If its $100 I might have to think about it. That way I can get a new phone/birthday present every year!!!

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
i would/will do 1 yr (if data pricing is right @ 29.99)

only question--
assuming a 1 yr contract is signed march1st, would i be up for a 'new' contract pricing of a phone next year on march 1st? (ie the supposed pricing of a phone like the TB @ $249 for new/upgrading customers)

(sorry if this is blatently obvious--couldn't get a single VZW rep to answer w/o going through interrogations about what "it would take to sign me up today")

rigorx

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Im going 1 year too. Not only cause of the phones but I hate being tied up that long. I heard its going to be 100 more too. I was told at BB they would let me do a 1 year but it was 100 more and that the verizon store would be 70 more. But now im hearing Verizon stores may charge 100 more too if so i will go to best buy and get instant rebate and buyback program.

Never heard of BB being able to do 1 year contracts, and everyone on these forums reports the same. Also, VZW did away with mail in rebates for higher priced phones, so you get an 'instant rebate' from VZW as well. Getting BB's 'buy back' program for free is ok, but you'll still be able to fetch quite a bit more in 5-11 months by selling it on e Bay.

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
i would/will do 1 yr (if data pricing is right @ 29.99)

only question--
assuming a 1 yr contract is signed march1st, would i be up for a 'new' contract pricing of a phone next year on march 1st? (ie the supposed pricing of a phone like the TB @ $249 for new/upgrading customers)

(sorry if this is blatently obvious--couldn't get a single VZW rep to answer w/o going through interrogations about what "it would take to sign me up today")

By signing a 1-yr contract, I believe that you would be eligible to upgrade again in 10-months. As far as pricing, the $249 number floating around is for a 2-yr contract. The 1-yr contracts are more. Most recently, Verizon has put a surcharge of $70 for 1-yr contracts. If this remains, then a $249 2-yr price would be $319 for 1-yr.

Reactions: project.in.process

htowngator

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
By signing a 1-yr contract, I believe that you would be eligible to upgrade again in 10-months. As far as pricing, the $249 number floating around is for a 2-yr contract. The 1-yr contracts are more. Most recently, Verizon has put a surcharge of $70 for 1-yr contracts. If this remains, then a $249 2-yr price would be $319 for 1-yr.

Yes, the upgrade on a 1-yr is 10 months, 20 months on a 2yr.

And the price isn't set yet. I know BMX said they were planning to make it "less desirable" to get 1yr contracts.

Reactions: DolfanCole