So who is going to run out and buy the new ECHO LOL

thoth12

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Saying Im a little let down by this big and exciting news :confused: would be silly. I 'm wondering if anyone else found this slightly anti-climactic

efn77mx

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I doubt you'll find someone who WASN'T let down by this news. I find it disappointing, but at the same time I don't care because I have no desire to stray away from my EVO.

Got2buzz

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
A LITTLE let down?

Saying Im a little let down by this big and exciting news :confused: would be silly. I 'm wondering if anyone else found this slightly anti-climactic

For sure! Not only is it a NO 4G SANYO, with a hinge just waiting to fail,
it's plain fugly to boot!

Guess I'll have to wait at least til summer for a chance at something decent.:(

anon(26204)

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm not getting this thing, I know that much! It looks like one of those Transformer Toys from back in the 80's. The concept is nice but all the hype and special announcement for this...this was one of the worst if not the worst form of advertising I've ever seen. This phone's specs is nowhere near that of the Evo nor the Epic...and for that matter not even near the Shift. This is a total EPIC FAIL!

Bring on the HTC Arrive and let me see how that is!

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I'm not getting this thing, I know that much! It looks like one of those Transformer Toys from back in the 80's. The concept is nice but all the hype and special announcement for this...this was one of the worst if not the worst form of advertising I've ever seen. This phone's specs is nowhere near that of the Evo nor the Epic...and for that matter not even near the Shift. This is a total EPIC FAIL!

Bring on the HTC Arrive and let me see how that is!

You know the Arrive is WP7, right?

The specs on the Echo are actually better than either the Evo or Epic, with the biggest drawback being no 4G. Its got a newer Snapdragon, the same amount of RAM, and a smaller screen in single screen mode. (so fewer pixels to push)

Where the Echo fails is the fact that it uses so many custom APIs and application packages, which is going to greatly affect updates. The quality of the hardware is also questionable, but who knows? The hinge is liquidmetal so it should be fine, but you're still talking about a phone that doubles in size using that hinge as a support.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
You know the Arrive is WP7, right?

The specs on the Echo are actually better than either the Evo or Epic, with the biggest drawback being no 4G. Its got a newer Snapdragon, the same amount of RAM, and a smaller screen in single screen mode. (so fewer pixels to push)

Where the Echo fails is the fact that it uses so many custom APIs and application packages, which is going to greatly affect updates. The quality of the hardware is also questionable, but who knows? The hinge is liquidmetal so it should be fine, but you're still talking about a phone that doubles in size using that hinge as a support.

That is incorrect.. The Echo houses the exact same chip as the EVO 4G which is the QSD8650. Both devices have it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snapdragon_(System_on_Chip)

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I went to Sprint's press release where they specified the model. All the other info just had the generic '1ghz Snapdragon'.

JuniorWWT

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Am I the only one? The specs aren't anywhere near where I wanted them to be, but they do match that of the Evo, except for the 4g of course. And It's got flip out dual touch screens. Sweet! I want one. The 80's transformers were cool and so is this.

Bushido Brown

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
It looks like they glued together 2 Samsung Instincts. This phone is like brainchild of a concept that everyone thought would be cool 20 years ago.

Thank God I'm on Verizon.

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
this was so disappointing not even to mention the fact its a kyocera! UGH! They had a good idea but failed horribly they should have done two 4.3" screens or a 5" screen because then you could use it in the laptop angle effectively. but two 3.5"????? so alone its one of the smallest android screen and together its barely bigger than an evo or the new Infuse. i give credit for the idea in theory application was awful.

cmorty72#AC

The bending unit
Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
It looks like they glued together 2 Samsung Instincts. This phone is like brainchild of a concept that everyone thought would be cool 20 years ago.

Thank God I'm on Verizon.
My sentiments exactly.
The concept of big duel screen is great and all, but the dividing line between both screens is what kills it for me.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Microsoft had something like this in the works a while back and it never came to fruition. I don't know if they realized how old the concept is or if they ran into problems during development, but regardless I sincerely hope Sprint and Kyocera don't expect this thing to be a huge hit. It's market, IMHO anyway, is very, very limited.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21