Soft brick? Boot loop?

Chedda3

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I flashed the AOKP milestone-1 rom on my P5113 and after flashing the rom and gapps, and rebooting, it got stuck on the boot screen. It's been on the boot screen for a half hour now. I cannot turn it off or get into recovery or download mode. I've read that with other devices you're supposed to remove the battery and reboot into recovery, unfortunately to remove the battery on the Galaxy Tab 2 the whole tablet needs to be taken apart.
So my first question: Is there any other way to power it off.
My second question: Does the tablet continue to charge when in soft brick / boot loop. If not then I guess I'll need to take it apart right away.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I flashed the AOKP milestone-1 rom on my P5113 and after flashing the rom and gapps, and rebooting, it got stuck on the boot screen. It's been on the boot screen for a half hour now. I cannot turn it off or get into recovery or download mode. I've read that with other devices you're supposed to remove the battery and reboot into recovery, unfortunately to remove the battery on the Galaxy Tab 2 the whole tablet needs to be taken apart.
So my first question: Is there any other way to power it off.
My second question: Does the tablet continue to charge when in soft brick / boot loop. If not then I guess I'll need to take it apart right away.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I think holding power simulates a battery pull.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramki