Soft bricked Galaxy fascinate, with Vodoo

derekdjodrey

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone im a super noob here. I have a Galaxy Facinate and have rooted it,I made the mistake of installing the superfast vodoo version on my phone. When my phone restrated it hung on the samsung sign. I then rebooted into recovery mode and ended up with the vodoo menu. Not investigating before I proceeded, I reflash clockwork recovey to the phone, using Odin, before I reversed the lag fix.

I am now not able to get the clockwork recovery to boot, even when I run the update file. I can only get the the blue, stock android system recovery.
When I try to run the update.zip to boot to clockwork. I get an error that says" can't mount /dev/block/stl11"

Can anyone help??
Thanks
Derek

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Flash THIS CWM via Odin. When you flash, make sure your battery is out when you have the phone in download mode (plug in USB then hold volume -). After Odin finishes, unplug the USB, reinsert the battery, and boot directly into recovery with volume +, volume -, power combination. It should take you directly to CWM for voodoo.

For future reference, it doesn't sound like anything went wrong after you installed voodoo. It will stay at the Samsung boot screen for about 5-10 minutes while voodoo is applied and the file system is converted. If you want, after you flash the CWM I linked you to, you could reinstall the voodoo kernel you used, and make sure that lagfix is set to enable on next boot in the voodoo menu. As long as you let it do it's thing, you shouldn't have any problems with voodoo.

derekdjodrey

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Ok i installed the cwm you sent me, Now anything i try to install through the sd card says this:
Amend scripting (update-script) is no longer suported.
Amend scripting was deprecated by google in android 1.5.
It was necessary to remove it when upgrading to the clockworkmod 3.0 gengerbread based recovery.
Please switch to Edify scripting (updater-script and udate-binary) to create working update zip packages.
Installation aborted.
Please help like i said i am a super noob this is my first android. All i want to do is get back to debloated debinged with root. If possible mybe a kernel that i can overclock.
Thanks for all the help

Also when i try to use backup off my sdcard i created it says E:Can't open /sdcard/update.zip No such file or directory and then Error while erasing boot image. Again Thank You

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kazank