software recommendations for a simple database

isidore636

Dec 16, 2020
Visit site
not sure if this is the proper venue, but in the past i've used an iOS app on my ipod touch called TapForms. it's a very good little database. i've used it for stuff like recipes, device inventories, house circuits, album lists, invoices, even login id's (it does encrypt). none of these individual databases, or lists i guess, has more than a hundred records in each.

that ipod touch's battery has reached it's "apple planned obsolescence phase" (as well as the device in general) and i'm not staying in that ecosphere anymore. and of course there's no android version.

so, anyone have any thoughts as to an android app that i might look at to fill that gap?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I moved this from the Android Apps forum to the General Help forum since the former is intended for developers to promote their apps.

Easy Database looks like it's worth checking out, and it's free and ad-free!

isidore636

Dec 16, 2020
Visit site
thanks for the suggestion. i ended up using an app called sailforms plus. that version is free. it took a little getting used to but i found it replaced the functionality of tapforms nicely and was surprised to find some interesting features even in the free version. i'm very happy with it and will continue to use it.

spARTacus

Sep 9, 2018
Visit site
You could also use something like google forms. I have not checked, but assume the security is pretty decent in terms of being online encrypted and access only as one would specify. You could create a general form for entering anything, or more specific forms for certain purposes (eg: keeping track of gas mileage and fill ups for business and tax reporting). The storage online would be useful for backup purposes, etc... and the fact that data entered in google forms is normally stored in spreadsheet files is very handy for what one normally does with the data/files after collection. Of course, needing a network connection to view/access the files/data could be an issue, but I assume there are strategies for using off-line/online versions of files with google drive.