Software Update problems

Willdogg78

May 15, 2012
Visit site
hey guys I messed up when trying to check for software update on AT&T optimus G, even though it has not been 24 hours since my last check I decided change the time on my phone and date to override the time restraint now it says I can't check for updates for 8000 hours is there anyway to reset

steev89

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Sorry but that made me lol. You used to be able to clear the Google systems cache I believe and that would do it but it doesn't appear to work on this phone, I know it reset after I did a system restore on mine so there has to be some way to clear it. If you can't find an easier way a factory data reset will do it but remember it cleans out the whole phone so back up your stuff

Sent from my LG-E970 using Android Central Forums

Willdogg78

May 15, 2012
Visit site
thanks for the heads up looks like it's gonna take a factory reset this point. Grrr... by the way does your Optimus allow you to change the theme for the home screen I have read many places that it should but I cannot figure it out I wonder if it is a mistake on the articles I have read

steev89

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I know you can change the theme of the lock screen. But the home screen other than moving apps and widgets around I don't know any other theme. Sorry

Sent from my LG-E970 using Android Central Forums

Evilgoose

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
In the settings there should be a Home Screen and Lock Screen option. You can change the themes and other settings there. My OG is from Sprint but I don't think that would make the difference between finding the options though.