sold nexus 4, how to unregister/ dissociate phone with my google account so info can't be stolen??

jinjin12

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
i deleted my account info and did factory reset on the nexus 4 phone itself. however, on my google account, it still shows that i have a nexus 4. is there any way to dissociate it with my google account just in case the new owner of the phone wants to try some social engineering to get my account? since buyer does have the phone, it's possible since my google accounts such as checkout and google play showed that the nexus 4 is mine and i've made purchases with it and i can't unregister it. i just want to be safe.

Last edited:

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: sold nexus 4, how to unregister/ dissociate phone with my goo

The phone is always going to show against your account, bit it'll be inactive. You can hide it if you want, but you can't delete it outright.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

jinjin12

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site

The phone is always going to show against your account, bit it'll be inactive. You can hide it if you want, but you can't delete it outright.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

sounds dangerous D:

dan1431

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
If I remember correctly, after 9 months of inactivity (as measured by the handset being signed into your account), it is automatically dropped from your account.

Dan

Alexg314

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site

When it comes registered does one still have to insert the password?

donec

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site

sounds dangerous D:
How does it sound dangerous? No one can use your account just by having the phone they need your account info and if they have that info they don't need the phone to be dangerous.

nazem

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site

It'll keep saying that on your Google account but as long as you did a factory reset you'll be fine.The phone shouldn't be able to connect with your Google account unless you reinsert your email and password.

jinjin12

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site

It'll keep saying that on your Google account but as long as you did a factory reset you'll be fine.The phone shouldn't be able to connect with your Google account unless you reinsert your email and password.

yea maybe i'm paranoid...but being paranoid about personal info is good i guess. being carefree gets your info stolen

alexspas2013

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Try this one. Enter your account. Then Security - Account permissions - Apps and websites (click View all). Choose devices you need no more. Next click - Revoke access.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caroltheresa61