Solio Classic Hybrid Solar Charger

coco8003

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys!

I've looked all over this forum to see if I could find a response before I asked, and the only thing I found gave info on the EVO so here it goes....

I do a lot of traveling, and as we all know the Epic 4G's battery life is horrible. I went to NYC last month, and I use my phone to help me navigate the subway system. By mid day, it died. I tired to charge it throughout the day, but this I was in NYC and I had a lot to do.

I'm going back next month, and I've been looking for alternative ways to charge that don't involve plugging my phone into a wall, and I come across the Solio Classic Hybrid Solar Charger. Please let me know if this is worth the buy!

It seems to make the EVO people happy.

Thanks in advance! :)

Since9600

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
You might be better off with a small spare fully charged battery that you can slip in your pocket or one on those extended batteries.. Also, I lived in NYC my whole life and I highly doubt you will be able to charge that with direct sunlight.. From the Amazon site:
"An hour of sun, for instance, will deliver enough power for about an hour of iPod playing time, 10 minutes of cell phone talk time, or four hours of cell phone standby time"

Reactions: coco8003

Since9600

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Yes I read that. I do admit it would be cool for a camping trip or something or even on my desk :) But.. If he is gonna be riding public transport in NYC a spare battery or extended will be much more convenient and safer than a dangling thing hanging off the phone.. Not to mention there's a higher chance of it getting knocked out of his hand..

coco8003

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Guys!! Sorry for the late response. I opted to just buy another battery. Went to Chicago, and the first battery lasted about 5 hours, I switched to the 2nd and got another 5 hours, and that was all I needed! :-D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anonymous Jones