[Solved]SIM Card Different Than SGS3?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
(Also posted in SGS3 forum)
As I was stepping through the Verizon pre-order pages for the SGS3 I received a pop-up that informed me that the SIM card in my Thunderbolt wouldn't work, and that they'd be including a new one in the shipment. I was hoping to use my Thunderbolt as 'insurance' just in case the radios in the SGS3 suffer the same problems as earlier Samsung phones - I figured I could just move the SIM back to the Thunderbolt and at least have a functional phone while I dealt with the issue.
Am I missing something about the difference between the two phones? Is there some other way I can utilize the Thunderbolt in case things go south with the SGS3?

Sent from my Sinclair ZX-80 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Ztrangero

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Re: SIM Card Different Than SGS3?

If I'm not mistaken the Thunderbolt uses a regular size SIM card while the GS3 uses a micro SIM card. Therefore it wouldn't fit. There are adapters for micro SIM cards but I'm not sure if that will work with the Thunderbolt.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: SIM Card Different Than SGS3?

If the adapter doesn't work, the most ghetto way would be to cut the sim yourself and then tape it back to a regular sim for use in the thunderbolt.

Atomic_Monkey

Android monkey
Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I gother the same note,however I am keeping my thunderbolt and selling the gs3,(last chance to get a discount phone with unlimited,from here out I pay full price or eBay... do I give the new sim card to the buyer or keep it? I don't need it but is it tied to my account?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I gother the same note,however I am keeping my thunderbolt and selling the gs3,(last chance to get a discount phone with unlimited,from here out I pay full price or eBay... do I give the new sim card to the buyer or keep it? I don't need it but is it tied to my account?
Keep the sim. They can get a new sim from Verizon for free.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech