Some Apps Suddenly not fully working

HnLA

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Late yesterday a few apps stopped working or were opening but extremely slowly. I had updated a few apps, but not necessarily the ones that are not working.
Strava, Tindr and some others would open, but not populate, or take over 10 minutes to populate the first page. Hollywood Bowl app will not open the main page, but I can access other tabs. Tindr is really really slow and will only show the first photo after 10 minutes, not others.
Some that would not open at all yesterday, will open really slowly now.
Most apps work fine. I wonder if it is a Norton issue.
Any idea on how to fix this? Thank you.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Which device you have?
If you installed Norton antivirus or anything similar try uninstall those and reboot your device, also any VPN?

Reactions: J Dubbs

HnLA

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Samsung S10 Android 12 UI 4.1
I restarted but that did not do anything.
Investing.com does not work, but Yahoo finance does.

HnLA

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Is there another reason why this would happen? For instance Google Translate took forever to translate an easy word, but Google Lens worked as usual.
I do not have VPN on. Thanks

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Sounds like a 3rd party app or application, can go into safe mode but it will disable 3rd party apps so can't test them

HnLA

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I am not sure exactly what that means. But it sounds like there is nothing I can do.
Possibly uninstall the 7 apps I updated yesterday?
Dropbox seems to cause a lot of problems and I never use it, but it was updated yestday.
Thank you for your help, I appreciate it.

Reactions: mustang7757

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Go to device care and at the top you should see app issue have to tap on the bars to go into it

But you would need to try safe mode to see if everything else is ok besides those third party apps giving issues, also in recovery can clear cach and choose option fix apps as another option

HnLA

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I uninstalled Live Nation and it seems to have fixed it. Thanks.
It is unfortunate that a monopoly can force you to use their app and it causes the whole phone to have problems.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That will be as effective as getting rid of the BS ticketing fees, unfortunately
LOL, those fees are more etched in stone than the Ten Commandments, I fear. 😁

But don't dismiss sending feedback so quickly -- there's otherwise no way for the developers to know if there are issues. I've had good success sending feedback to various developers, both big and small, with actual responses and ultimate resolution. You won't know unless you try.