Some Facts about the Thunderbolt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seminoles fan

Banned
Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I got this information from another forum where the person ACTUALLY has the phone in hand and provided pictures of the phone and the box with the phone and his name on a piece of paper behind it. With all the rumors that have been spread lately, this guy states alot of facts about the phone.
1. It comes with 2.2.1 installed
2. NO netflix
3. The battery is 1400 mah
4. Skype does come installed on the phone
5. It will do voice and data at the same time on 3G.
That's about all for now but it atleast will not get people's hopes up that think it will come with a bigger battery or netflix. He does say that the battery is not near as bad as some people have reported.
You can search droid forums and find the same info, but I just figured I would share since everyone was given false information yesterday.

azdmelani

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for posting. I would still take anything that isnt final build with a grain of salt, apps can easily be added via an OTA update.

dt

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
its also worth nothing that he was doing his testing in a non-LTE area, and since we suspect that lte has a large part to do with the battery life, battery life could still very well be horrible...

NyStrongest

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site

rugbyua9

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
But there not adding things last minute. Vzw has these phone already htc sent them weeks ago.. this is all vzw holding back because there Lte network is busted

Sources? I don't want second hand information about some guy who called an HTC rep. We all know "reps" are on a need to know basis and usually just spit out information to "satisfy" the customer.

I'm sold on the Sammy Stealth V... the Thunderbolt would just be a larger Incredible for me since I won't be getting LTE until the end of the year.

amotter

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Isn't anyone concerned that this guy JUST got his tester phone? Does anyone know how long these test things usually last? I am assuming Verizon will have like 100 questions for him so that they could actually USE the information to make final changes? And what is up with the lack of 4G?

ejz28

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
say what you just, but the guy on this thread has a phone in his hands he gets to play with and i think each one of us is atleast a little jealous. pre-release or not!

dt

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
definitely annoyed at vzw, if i know they are launching the darn phone in april or may, i would very likely go ahead with another phone. i dont care enough about LTE that much to keep waiting. anybody remember how the first rumor started? Verizon DID say 1Q2011 right??? i forget already, since there've been so many darn delays @.@

Mapex

Oct 5, 2009
Visit site
Sources? I don't want second hand information about some guy who called an HTC rep. We all know "reps" are on a need to know basis and usually just spit out information to "satisfy" the customer.

I'm sold on the Sammy Stealth V... the Thunderbolt would just be a larger Incredible for me since I won't be getting LTE until the end of the year.

We know that Feb 14th was supposed to be the launch date, especially since Best Buy had preorders as early as the 6th. Naturally, HTC had manufactured and sent a mass of devices to Verizon for testing before then in order to achieve a launch on this date.

We know that the launch has been delayed since then for a variety of reasons, all of which culminate simply to VZW's network not being ready for the release of their first 4G phone (battery-draining LTE and Skype/Hotspot issues) thanks to multiple reports and even leaked screenshots of VZW's internal systems.

It is safe to assume that they had many devices in their hands for a few weeks and are only now mass-producing them now that they have a reasonable software image to flash onto these devices.

rigorx

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
It can't be that far off if not = to the final shipping build. Look at the date on the kernel.

Android version: 2.2.1
Baseband version: 1.15.00.0211w_3
Kernel version: 2.6.32.21-g50c65f5
htc-kernel#and18-2 #1
Sat Feb 12 01:49:24 cst 2011
Build number: 1.11.605.7 CL335973 release-keys
Software Number: 1.11.605.7

28789d1299166378-yeah-baby-my-demo-will-here-today-worldofjohnboy-htc-tbolt.jpg

anon(157335)

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
It can't be that far off if not = to the final shipping build. Look at the date on the kernel.

Android version: 2.2.1
Baseband version: 1.15.00.0211w_3
Kernel version: 2.6.32.21-g50c65f5
htc-kernel#and18-2 #1
Sat Feb 12 01:49:24 cst 2011
Build number: 1.11.605.7 CL335973 release-keys
Software Number: 1.11.605.7

No matter when it's coming, it's still sexy as hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PDP