Some info on upcoming phones

redman213

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
So I was at Verizon getting a Refurb storm and i decided to ask the guy helping me what he knew about the rumored passion that was coming out. Well I'll just summarize what he said.

VZW employees dont learn about new devices till about 2 weeks before they're released and that a new android phone is coming out but it doesn't have a snapdragon chip on it. He said that the ones with the 1Ghz chip don't come out till Q1 of 2010. He said i can get a lot more info from phone arena and forums. I take it the Q1 release is a guess by him but hopefully we will see one then. He wouldn't name the device being released either he just said the new HTC device soooo idk?

I saw some pics on google too of the dragon running 1.5 maybe the dragon and passion are two separate phones and the dragon is the half-assed version of the two. Lol who knows i know i just won't be EXPECTING anything too great next week.

ERDude

Oct 21, 2009
www.droidtalk.net
I'll second what JFSikora said.

I was in a Verizon store last night trying to get my brothers 8330 fixed or replaced, keeps turning off the radio, you have to battery pull to get it back. The poor 3rd party tech guy they hired doesn't know squat about squat.

I was talking to a real employee who insisted the Eris is running 2.0, "all our Android phones run 2.0, we have an exclusive with Google for 1 year on 2.0." Now that's what I call one uniformed employee.

YoungChrisG

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
Stick around here... you will learn much more than any person in the store will be able to tell you.

I'll second what JFSikora said.

I was in a Verizon store last night trying to get my brothers 8330 fixed or replaced, keeps turning off the radio, you have to battery pull to get it back. The poor 3rd party tech guy they hired doesn't know squat about squat.

I was talking to a real employee who insisted the Eris is running 2.0, "all our Android phones run 2.0, we have an exclusive with Google for 1 year on 2.0." Now that's what I call one uniformed employee.

And I would have to agree with the both of these guys lol! I had a VZW rep actually tell me that I knew more about both the Storm and the Droid than him lol. He asked me where I got my information from and I said crackberry.com and androidcentral.com. And then told him if he really wanted to keep up with the consumer and the product at the same time ditch the VZW handbook and check the sites out lol.
A week later I saw him and he said "you know what? You were totaly right about those sites" lol. He said he learned about 3 new things in 5 minuites about his Tour haha.

I love these communities!

R

Roy Aguilera

And I would have to agree with the both of these guys lol! I had a VZW rep actually tell me that I knew more about both the Storm and the Droid than him lol. He asked me where I got my information from and I said crackberry.com and androidcentral.com. And then told him if he really wanted to keep up with the consumer and the product at the same time ditch the VZW handbook and check the sites out lol.
A week later I saw him and he said "you know what? You were totaly right about those sites" lol. He said he learned about 3 new things in 5 minuites about his Tour haha.

I love these communities!

I took my first droid to get replaced (I had e-mail issues), I am married (was wearing my wedding ring) and the chick that was looking at it sent me a test e-mail (to the new phone). It read: Hey handsome......
Phone number
Gtalk info
Gmail info
and a picture.
She was young.
Good thing I am a nice guy. I know she could have lost her job for that. Not only unknowlegeable but not too smart.

**Oh I deleted it. I am too old for that. :p

redman213

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
so what r u guys saying? His info was wrong? Lol i really thought he knew what he was talking about... Anyways if anyone knows anything about a new phone being released in the next few months i'd be glad to listen.

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
so what r u guys saying? His info was wrong? Lol i really thought he knew what he was talking about... Anyways if anyone knows anything about a new phone being released in the next few months i'd be glad to listen.

We are saying *most* store reps are clueless... Go ask as 10 Verizon reps if they will be getting the iPhone... you will get 10 different answers. :rolleyes:

Fatasaurus

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Most Verizon Reps get there info thru the company... which means theyre getting crumbs last min. All cell phone companies keep theyre employees in the dark because they dont want them teaching people things that will break the phone or giving out false info. I know because I've worked for T Mobile AT&T and VZW (most recently). They would rather the agents figure it out on the fly then know too much. It sucks because its EXTREMELY hard to troubleshoot when a new device comes out. But all the GOOD reps and techs read all the tech sites and stay up on whats going on.

johnolesen

Nov 2, 2009
www.myspace.com
...ahem..

i AM a Verizon rep thank you very much...and I will say this.

we usually know NOTHING OFFICIAL until a week or two before the actual release (key word: OFFICIAL). depending on who you ask, some VZW reps (ie: myself) are more tech oriented, and browse the forums and sites like PhoneArena constantly.

pretty much what fattie said.

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
...ahem..

i AM a Verizon rep thank you very much...and I will say this.

we usually know NOTHING OFFICIAL until a week or two before the actual release (key word: OFFICIAL). depending on who you ask, some VZW reps (ie: myself) are more tech oriented, and browse the forums and sites like PhoneArena constantly.

pretty much what fattie said.

No offense to any Verizon folk, just pretty much a fact that someone like myself and people I know have the info weeks/months ahead of time and in general Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile reps in stores don't really know better. Nobody is saying there are not some, like yourself, who do know more than the usual.

KCaudell

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
Sales reps in any industry should love what they do and believe in their product. It's so sad to see a rep who hasn't a clue about their product. At that point, they're just there for the paycheck. RUN from them. They will only sell you what they have the best SPIFF for, not what you need.

"Do what you love and you'll never work a day in your life!!" - Thomas Edison (?)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skylarktg