Some of these Sprint Reps are just plain stupid....

anon(26204)

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Just stopped by my local sprint store to exchange my Epic Touch for the Nexus S 4G. The Rep asked me why would I want to do that when the Epic Touch is the best phone out right now.

I was like I know but Samsung is very very slow when it comes to updating devices. I reminded him that the original epic is still on 2.2. He was like yeah but that's because the galaxy s 2 was coming out and they didn't want to update it. I was like yeah right...if that's the case how come all those 2.3 leaks were coming out....he had no explanation.

He asked me why I would want to go to the nexus s 4g. I told him be cause of the timely updates and the pure android. Now this is where it gets good.....this crazy Rep gonna say..and I quote.."updates ....the nexus is horrible. In fact its not getting anymore updates. 2.3 broke the nexus." I was like this dude is really dumb. I reminded him again that an update just came out for the nexus..and in addition the nexus one is even still getting updates. This fool continued to tell me that the nexus is a horrible phone that it will not get ice cream sandwich when its released because it will break it....

I grabbed my epic touch walked out the store and quickly called sprint...I'm still getting my nexus.

This message was developed and sent from my SGSII-EPIC 4G TOUCH!

Reactions: piaband

jenluvs2sing

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Haha, now that's funny since it was a Sprint rep that talked me into the Nexus S as I was looking at the Evo Shift. He had been looking at my palm pre for me and knew that since I liked tweaking it that the Nexus S would be a good fit for me, and he was right. :D

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Ahh, stories about clueless carrier reps are always amusing. :)

Sent from my amazing galaxy tab 10.1 which also eats ipads

grantheppes

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Just stopped by my local sprint store to exchange my Epic Touch for the Nexus S 4G. The Rep asked me why would I want to do that when the Epic Touch is the best phone out right now.

I was like I know but Samsung is very very slow when it comes to updating devices. I reminded him that the original epic is still on 2.2. He was like yeah but that's because the galaxy s 2 was coming out and they didn't want to update it. I was like yeah right...if that's the case how come all those 2.3 leaks were coming out....he had no explanation.

He asked me why I would want to go to the nexus s 4g. I told him be cause of the timely updates and the pure android. Now this is where it gets good.....this crazy Rep gonna say..and I quote.."updates ....the nexus is horrible. In fact its not getting anymore updates. 2.3 broke the nexus." I was like this dude is really dumb. I reminded him again that an update just came out for the nexus..and in addition the nexus one is even still getting updates. This fool continued to tell me that the nexus is a horrible phone that it will not get ice cream sandwich when its released because it will break it....

I grabbed my epic touch walked out the store and quickly called sprint...I'm still getting my nexus.

Man, its a shame. Where do these guys get their info?

I guess they probably think that if one phone has a problem from an OTA update, then it affects all phones.

I understand where he would be coming from though. He gets a memo that the Epic 4G Touch is the best phone they have, and then some poor customer who didn't get the memo wants an "Old Phone". And to him any old phone (original Epic) doesn't get updates.

The only thing we can do is start printing out the AC forums and leaving them at Sprint stores marked as "Memo".

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

anon(26204)

May 24, 2010
Visit site
The good thing is when I called in to sprint they offered to reset my upgrade and let me get the nexus s while all along knowing that I have the epic touch as well.

So I'll have the epic touch and in a day or two, I'll have my nexus s as well. I may just end up selling the epic touch....but I'm not sure yet.

Last edited:

actionjackson22

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't make that trade ever... You can always root and get a vanilla ROM eventually.. Are the updates really worth it? They really dont change much at all... I'm sure The GSII will get updates, as over 10million units were already sold not counting tmobile and att's version. Google Wallet? wow big woop. Id rather have a kickass phone over google wallet.

grantheppes

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't make that trade ever... You can always root and get a vanilla ROM eventually.. Are the updates really worth it? They really dont change much at all... I'm sure The GSII will get updates, as over 10million units were already sold not counting tmobile and att's version. Google Wallet? wow big woop. Id rather have a kickass phone over google wallet.

GS2E4T has NFC, so it will have Google Wallet, eventually.

Edit: Its the only one without NFC. Hrm.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Carriers change it. But I am pretty surprised that Sprint would take away NFC and invest in Google Wallet.

The carriers make these changes? That's weird. I thought it was Samsungs fault. (I tend to blame them for everything)

And especially weird for the reason you cited. Maybe because this time they know they are getting the Nexus Prime; and, since the Nexus S looks exactly like the Epic I'm pretty sure we can except the same this time around with maybe some more curved glass, lol. And since it's not a keyboard difference they had to do something to sell the phone... figuring it would be the 2 same exact phones.

gramamoose

May 14, 2011
Visit site
I had a rep tell me that the e4gt was the new nexus and then in the same sentence say there's not going to be any more nexus phones because this one had sold over 5 million over seas. And yes, he said this was the nexus in Europe. . . HUH?
I calmly said ok and walked out. Sucks that its the store nearest both my house and work so going to a different store is going to be a hassle!

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I had a rep tell me that the e4gt was the new nexus and then in the same sentence say there's not going to be any more nexus phones because this one had sold over 5 million over seas. And yes, he said this was the nexus in Europe. . . HUH?
I calmly said ok and walked out. Sucks that its the store nearest both my house and work so going to a different store is going to be a hassle!

Sprint reps don't tell me things; I tell them things. I will revert, again and always, to the one rep who always had a phone by the same manufacturer I was looking at. (Which was every other day I was looking at a phone). Yet, he could not tell me how to get the screen to rotate on the Evo.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lisab126