Some suggested ROMS/Kernels/Hacks?

PancakePuncher

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Hey, So I've been a pretty advent iPhone Owner for a long time but recently I decided to take a chance on getting an Android. I decided to get the Galaxy S3 because the S4 didn't offer all that much of a difference for the extra like 100 dollars. Anyways, lately I noticed my S3 has been bogging down and the battery life is just horrible. I read a lot of stuff alone suggesting that rooting it would be the best solution. So I've just rooted my phone and everything went great. I'm tech savy when it comes to a lot of things especially computers, but mobile devices have never been my hobby.

I was hoping someone could suggested ROMS and Kernels for me. I just want to really get my phone to run smoother. I'm not interested in cosmetics or anything like that. I just want to get rid of all the clutter and conserve battery. I think the most frustrating thing is when I text sometimes my phone just freezes for a few seconds sometimes. Even after killing all the backround applications 5 seconds later my phone is just back to being ate up by stuff I don't even need.

So yeah, suggestions would be awesome, also maybe a brief description of what it does.

Thank you!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey, So I've been a pretty advent iPhone Owner for a long time but recently I decided to take a chance on getting an Android. I decided to get the Galaxy S3 because the S4 didn't offer all that much of a difference for the extra like 100 dollars. Anyways, lately I noticed my S3 has been bogging down and the battery life is just horrible. I read a lot of stuff alone suggesting that rooting it would be the best solution. So I've just rooted my phone and everything went great. I'm tech savy when it comes to a lot of things especially computers, but mobile devices have never been my hobby.

I was hoping someone could suggested ROMS and Kernels for me. I just want to really get my phone to run smoother. I'm not interested in cosmetics or anything like that. I just want to get rid of all the clutter and conserve battery. I think the most frustrating thing is when I text sometimes my phone just freezes for a few seconds sometimes. Even after killing all the backround applications 5 seconds later my phone is just back to being ate up by stuff I don't even need.

So yeah, suggestions would be awesome, also maybe a brief description of what it does.

Thank you!

Welcome to the forums!
First let's try this: Download Titanium Backup. Using this app, you will have to have developer Options on and USB debugging enabled. You can then delete or freeze bloatware. I suggest freezing, and stick to stuff you can easily deduce that it's not needed, like any Yahoo! app. Give that a go for a few days, see if that helps. Also, TouchWiz is Samsung's UI, and it can be a memory hog, so you can seach for launchers in Play, like Nova, ADW, Apex, GO. Those can increase efficency.

AS for ROMs; I honestly envy your carrier. You can use AOKP official. Sprint can't. :( Otherwise, there is Slim (Love it) Cyanogen, Carbon, MOAR, a whole bunch of them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lillly