song no longer available on sm-t510 after update to V10

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

New Samsung Tab A 10.1 on Oct 10th, about 6 weeks ago.
Playing my music via SD card to Sonos speakers via Sonos S1 app.
It's exactly what I bought his tablet for.
Nov 15th, tablet wants to update to V10, why not.
Tablet restarts, now it won't play SD card music after just doing it 12 hours ago.
Says "song no longer available on sm-t510".
You have to be f*****g kidding me.
Tablet shows all albums, songs, etc like it always has.
All permissions permitted, enables enabled.
Looked in developer options but didn't see anything there that might help.
Tried re-formatting SD card multiple times/types.
Removed-reinstalled-flattened-pulled-kicked at, nothing.
Streaming music stations still play thru Sonos app.
SD card music plays thru speakers on tablet.
Been round and round with Sonos for past few weeks.
They got nothing and are really no help.

please enter

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Yes there are settings such as that.
They are all where they are supposed to be.
All settings are correct in the app.
I've been using Sonos speakers for many years with many tablets SD cards, phones, etc., inside house and garage.

please enter

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
As mentioned, all that done.
Same SD card in an S7 phone, S1 app, all working normal.
Its the tablet.

Sm-T510 tablet (tab a 10.1) works perfect with S1 app, auto updates to V10, now not working.

Problem is V10 software on tablet not allowing SD card use. Sees card in all apps and in my files, S1 app says " song no longer on device".

Really?
Gotta roll this V10 back to what it was.
Just don't know how. Can get to developer options ez enough, then what?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
As mentioned, all that done.

Sorry, I didn't see any specific mention of clearing the app cache/data in your original post, which is why I suggested it. You also tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling it? I'm not sure your mention of "reinstalled" is referring to the SD card or to the app.

BTW, you're not alone: https://en.community.sonos.com/troubleshooting-228999/s2-unable-to-play-music-on-sd-card-6849275

Also, lots of complaints in the Play Store reviews recently regarding glitches and crashes after the most recent updates.

please enter

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Sorry B. Diddy.
I've just been chasing my tail with this for a long time, forget who I told what, and the frustration levels are pretty high.
Right now I'm either going to return this 6 week old product or have to figure it out on my own.
It's a shame because it's the only reason I bought this tablet in the first place.
It will not involve Sonos as they are about 11 steps behind where I'm at. Like the cable company asking if the box is plugged in.
I doubt that any Samsung tech support will be any different. They would certainly not have me in the 7 times tapping to get into developer options. But that's where I'm at. This Android V10 has got to go or I wait for Sonos to develop a patch. The latter a time frame I'm not gonna wait for.
Maybe a 3rd party software that will roll this back. I have nothing on the tablet to worry about as SD card is removable. In the early 80's it was: format C, reload software. The process is not new to me.
I appreciate the effort.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I understand the frustration. It really sounds like an issue on Sonos's end -- hopefully they can patch the app to fix this some time soon, but it's hard to know how diligent they'll be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC