Songs showing up in Google Play Music from phone - cannot delete!

Tulleylea

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
I just today downloaded Google Play Music on my Droid Razor HD. Purchased five songs .. play on the tablet no problem, and I can play them on my phone no problem. However, there in "My Library" is a comedy song from 2011 and Toby Keith's "Red Solo Cup". I downloaded these years ago, and I don't know what I used to do it but . .

I open Google Play Music. Click on these songs, hit Delete. Still there. Do it again . . delete . . still there. Turn the phone off, turn it back on. Still there. They are NOT in my library online, only on the phone. Clear cache. Still there. I try going through the "Files" app, and although I can see them in the "audio" file, I don't have an option to delete them. They are the only songs in that "audio" file. Try getting to them via "Settings". Again, I can see them in the "audio" file but I don't have an option to delete.

I just don't want to have to deal with these two songs continuously popping up when I shuffle my music.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you all!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Usually when you can't delete an audio file it's because it's a system file, like ringtones and bundled music... Have you tried deleting it using a PC? It's odd that if you downloaded them, it won't let you delete them...

Tulleylea

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Thank you SpookDroid! They were evidently hiding on my SD card for years! Under a "Messaging" folder. Go figure.

They are gone now! Yay!

Thank you so very much for your assistance, and have a wonderful holiday season. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeFunct1222