Sony play makes me feel even better about the Thunderbolt

potatolover1102

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
So with all this dual core talk and the thunderbolt being underpowered mainly in the gaming department I have been watching due to being into the games myself. However after today's announcement of the Xperia play with full play station games and it being a gaming phone, I see that it has the very same processor and gpu! This made my day lol because if it is powerful enough to run all of those games and be worthy of play station then it will be great on the Thunderbolt and for gaming!

tomskag

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
how much power do you really need to play games on a phone?

some of my favorite games of pc past require less ram and cpu power of most phones this generation. i dont see crysis 2 coming to a mobile anytime soon, do you?

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
if I wanted to play games Id play my ps3 damnit...lol

Right on bro... This is exactly how I feel... My phone isn't even a "phone" anymore... I check email, surf the web, Facebook, Tweet and use a ton of information based apps. Excellent gaming is not high on my list of required features (however, Angry Birds is haha)!

anon(157335)

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Right on bro... This is exactly how I feel... My phone isn't even a "phone" anymore... I check email, surf the web, Facebook, Tweet and use a ton of information based apps. Excellent gaming is not high on my list of required features (however, Angry Birds is haha)!

Same here. I'll stick with my PS3.

Beezzy

May 31, 2010
Visit site
The Xperia Play is a bust cause it doesn't even play real PSP games that people like myself may have already downloaded for the PSP/PSPGo. Its Android Based ones that are made for the Play. WHY DIDN'T SONY LEARN FROM APPLE ON THE IPHONE/IPOD TOUCH TACTIC?! Ugggh its so lame!

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
The Xperia Play is a bust cause it doesn't even play real PSP games that people like myself may have already downloaded for the PSP/PSPGo. Its Android Based ones that are made for the Play. WHY DIDN'T SONY LEARN FROM APPLE ON THE IPHONE/IPOD TOUCH TACTIC?! Ugggh its so lame!
That part isn't done yet. The Playstation suite will allow that, and Sony is busy porting over other games to the handset as well. Once the NGP's game production reaches full tilt, you'll see a lot more games coming out. (oh, and why would you expect a game on an underpowered system to work on a newer, and completely different, piece of hardware)

tomskag

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
you can get an original psp for like what 45 dollars? put custom firmware on it and play the whole psp collection and ps1 collection for free.

Nitros7

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I guess I just dont get it... phone =/= game console... I have two computers and will have a tablet (with a tegra 2) and I am thinking about a PS3 or Xbox, and I am already asking myself why. I mean in a single day how many things do I need to play games on?

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
IMO, you're not missing much. It's pretty lame.

wtf.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX