Sony Xperia 10 III

djeire84

Feb 18, 2017
Visit site
Ok here I go ..... Where to begin I suppose the beginning. I had the Sony Xperia M5 and found out it wasn't updated to Android 7 I looked for its replacement so I looked at the XA1 which I loved. Then I heard that wasn't getting Android 9 so looked further. When I heard the XA3 was to be released I was thrilled to bits it was since named the Xperia 10 I got it in rose gold and had it for two years. Then I heard the mark ii was coming and with Covid it halted production somewhat so I missed out in the mark ii. So when the mark iii was announced in April 2021 good lord I was giddy as a school girl on holidays. Eventually it came into my country Ireland in June 2021 couldn't wait I got it in the blue in certain light it looks Lilac and other light it looks Grey it's a gorgeous colour.

Two months on and here is my review of it thus far.

The Battery a beast lasts all day and then some with heavy use social media and games are my addiction and it keeps up with me.

The screen super responsive and great to read in the sun (whenever Ireland gets sun) even with sunglasses but when night mode is on it makes the darker colours distorted a little like a layer of oil on the screen so not too happy with that.

The sound omg the sound out the speaker is horrendous mono and nothing compared to its grandfather the Sony Xperia 10 it doesn't even have proper equaliser settings or you can't set it to the proper sound environment ie hall or studio etc like I used to on the Sony Xperia 10 using the Sony XB-WB700 Bluetooth headphones. I use YouTube music as when Microsoft Groove Music ended support for OneDrive music folder sharing I went to YouTube music as you don't have restrictions on storage like some providers so I moved my ENTIRE collection to YouTube music (formerly Google Music). My music source was always the Nokia Lumia 520 then upgraded to the Microsoft Lumia 640XL due to groove music and superior sound quality I bought the M5 after the Microsoft Lumia 640XL.

For such an expensive phone €549 day one release (included blue wireless headphones) it's not what I expected at all.

RAM is fantastic it plays my games no stuttering and with Xbox Game Pass it's like I'm using my Xbox One S console.

The sound and lack of equaliser plus the screen in night mode (Night light) is my only gripe hopefully Android 12 will sort this out as Android had made the Xperia 10 III as an Android Enterprise Recommended device it's getting security updates AND Android 12 up to June 2023

Fingers Crossed

Éire

Last edited:

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
👍
I was considering it a couple of months ago. I looked on XDA to see whether anyone had devised a way of remapping the Google Assistant button to work as a camera shutter release, but could find nothing certain at that time. Since then, I’ve bought another phone, so I’m not following any developments of that.

djeire84

Feb 18, 2017
Visit site
👍
I was considering it a couple of months ago. I looked on XDA to see whether anyone had devised a way of remapping the Google Assistant button to work as a camera shutter release, but could find nothing certain at that time. Since then, I’ve bought another phone, so I’m not following any developments of that.

Hi there thanks so much for your reply. No you can't map the assistant button at all it's hard wired to the Google assistant. Maybe in a further firmware update it might be remapped. It would be handy to have a dedicated shutter button. But we will see.

djeire84

Feb 18, 2017
Visit site
Tha ks for the review. I also had a lumia 640xl. Pretty decent phone at the time.

Thank you so much. Yes the Lumia 640XL was a beast if a phone. I still have it and I often take it out and use it. I can't believe that the Xbox companion app works with it. It's so funny having my Xbox One S streamed to my 640XL it's like it has gotten a revival sadly it won't get updated anymore as Windows ended support for it. I had a Windows central account and it was sad to say goodbye.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Thank you so much. Yes the Lumia 640XL was a beast if a phone. I still have it and I often take it out and use it. I can't believe that the Xbox companion app works with it. It's so funny having my Xbox One S streamed to my 640XL it's like it has gotten a revival sadly it won't get updated anymore as Windows ended support for it. I had a Windows central account and it was sad to say goodbye.
Please feel at home here at Android Central. You'll probably recognise a lot of people here.

I hope you like your new Sony phone.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Mine stopped working.

djeire84

Feb 18, 2017
Visit site
Thanks so much for the welcome I've been here over 4 years now haven't had a Windows phone in quite a while but thank you so much ❤️

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Noooooo are you serious I cannot believe that I'm so gutted for you. I hope you can recover it again. What happened to it?
Just refused to login to my outlook account. Then refused to turn on at all. I kept it in its box as a piece of history. First Microsoft branded phone.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I really enjoyed reading your post! Thank you for telling us all about your history with Sony and Lumia devices! Both are awesome - I can see why you like them! I'm sorry to hear that Night Mode and sound aren't what you expected! Please let us know what happens with future updates! Those phone colours sound fantastic too! I also love phones with unique colours!

djeire84

Feb 18, 2017
Visit site
I really enjoyed reading your post! Thank you for telling us all about your history with Sony and Lumia devices! Both are awesome - I can see why you like them! I'm sorry to hear that Night Mode and sound aren't what you expected! Please let us know what happens with future updates! Those phone colours sound fantastic too! I also love phones with unique colours!

Aww you're very much welcome. I'll be putting up future firmware versions on here and letting you all know how I get on with each. I'm in the process of putting one up now.

Éire

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazyload03