Sony Xperia Z3: Power Button Not As Tactile?

BobR1908

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi all. I bought a black Z3 and love it!

Really great phone. Only thing I would change is how tactile the power button is. Not to say there is no feel but I do not get that loud tactile click I have in the past. I read that this is primarily due to the change in design, the sides being more curved and rounded resulting in the power button sitting a little more flush.

When I push mine, I can feel slight or minor click. Not loud or heard...just felt.

Do you miss loud firm tactile click in the power button or ok with the new design and a little less?

Posted via the Android Central App

Stwutter

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
To be honest I never actually turn the phone off really. I occasionally use the button to lock the phone, but have it set on a screen time out of 15 seconds so, again, not often.

I agree though - I do prefer a slightly 'clickier' feel to the buttons. The volume rocker is fine like that. Maybe it was just easier that way for the water/dust-proofing.

BobR1908

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
To be honest I never actually turn the phone off really. I occasionally use the button to lock the phone, but have it set on a screen time out of 15 seconds so, again, not often.

I agree though - I do prefer a slightly 'clickier' feel to the buttons. The volume rocker is fine like that. Maybe it was just easier that way for the water/dust-proofing.

I totally agree.

I actually find my volume buttons to be a little firmer and more clicky.

No biggie for me either as I have screen timeout and use a lock screen widget to lock.

Posted via the Android Central App

cenon415

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
I've noticed this with volume rocker button too. The up volume button has less tactile feeling than the down volume button.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawyer8