Sorting by Last Name in Contacts

Dr. Tyrell

Oct 28, 2008
Visit site
Is there anyway to sort by last name in the G1's contacts or on Gmail?
The only way I know is to type or import the contacts with last name first. It seems like Google's approach is similar to gmail where everything is thrown into one pot and you organize it with groups (or labels with gmail). With contacts that sort of makes sense because they take so many forms (personal names in different combinations, businesses, hotlines, etc.).

I use the Search feature to find names. Matches appear as I type letters--faster than scrolling down the list. What's missing is the ability to search by other fields such as address.

All in all, Googles' apps are rather basic. Plus, I'm a little offended by the "sponsored links" such as the ad for the BlackBerry Storm that keeps appearing at the top of my gmail window!

branden3112

Dec 21, 2008
Visit site
The only way I know is to type or import the contacts with last name first. It seems like Google's approach is similar to gmail where everything is thrown into one pot and you organize it with groups (or labels with gmail). With contacts that sort of makes sense because they take so many forms (personal names in different combinations, businesses, hotlines, etc.).

I use the Search feature to find names. Matches appear as I type letters--faster than scrolling down the list. What's missing is the ability to search by other fields such as address.

All in all, Googles' apps are rather basic. Plus, I'm a little offended by the "sponsored links" such as the ad for the BlackBerry Storm that keeps appearing at the top of my gmail window!
Ok. Thats what I thought would be the case. You can turn the ads off, you know.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane