Sound/headset issues

Aimes_D

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
I've got my headphones plugged into my s4 mini but wen i get a call the sound comes thru the phone & not the earphones??? Also button on mic doesn"t answer call

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The plug is in all the way, right? You should hear and feel a click when it's completely seated. Do the headphones work in any other phone?

Check the jack to make sure there isn't any lint or other debris stuck in there. If I recall correctly, you mentioned you're visually impaired, so see if you can have someone use a damp toothpick to root around the jack to remove any debris. Blowing it out with a bottle of compressed air is another thing to try.

Aimes_D

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Ringer sound is coming through both phone & headphones..... is that normal?

Also wen i put my phone into silent & get a call obv theres no ringer (through phone) but thru headphones i van't hear my ringer instead a beepy tone! ???

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Camilo

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
This relates to what B.Diddy said. Just an idea because it happened to me (not the same phone though).

Some headphone jacks work fine with my case. With some, the plastic surrounding the metal prong on the jack is just a little bulkier and are a tiny bit too large for the hole in the case that surrounds the headphone jack.

Like B.Diddy said, make sure it's seating completely if you're using a case. If that's the problem, it should be fairly easy to "modify" something to make it work easier.