Sound/Notification settings

D1andOnlyOmen

May 20, 2011
Visit site
So a few questions I have on things.....

1) I downloaded the Google+ app and I have it set to show notifications in the top bar, but I have YET to actually get one to pop up there.....all I get are the notices of emails to my gmail account. My sister bought the bionic too, installed G+ and says she gets 2 notices (email and from app). I tried turning off email notifications through G+ online, but then I didn't get any kind of notification at all....just have to go into the app and see if there are any. Thoughts?!?

And speaking of emails and notifications....

2) is there any way to turn of SOUNDS specifically for email notifications? Under the sounds settings its like that's a general setting for any notifications that pop up in the top bar.....I discovered that for different text sounds you can adjust that in the text message settings, but I don't see any settings in gmail other than for just "notifications" to show in the top bar. I want to SEE that I have emails waiting, I just don't want to hear a sound EVERY time I get one....

3) I know it's not a loud or long sound by any means, but does anyone know how to turn off that "camera click" sounding deal when you turn the screen on/off?!? I thought maybe it was tied to that "animation" that looks like an old tv turning off (actually like that deal) but it still plays the sound when that is turned off. I've looked in the display setting and can't find anything, don't see anything about it under sound settings either. Can this be adjusted somewhere, ANYWHERE?!?!?

malignanttheories

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
As far as the lock screen, go to: Settings>Sound>Screen Lock Sounds. It was one of the first things I turned off :)

For the email notifications, I found you could set ringtones/vibrate settings from the inbox so long as it wasn't a google account. On my google account, I am assuming it refers to the system defaults that's set through Settings>Sound>Notifications

Reactions: D1andOnlyOmen

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
D1, I've had the same question and so far what I've found regarding Gmail, is there is no longer the ability to assign a specific sound to incoming gmail. I know that I used to be able to do it on my older droids, so I'm not sure why that was changed, but it was.

ChevyNovaLN

Jul 24, 2011
www.ChevyNovaLN.com
D1, I've had the same question and so far what I've found regarding Gmail, is there is no longer the ability to assign a specific sound to incoming gmail. I know that I used to be able to do it on my older droids, so I'm not sure why that was changed, but it was.

Yes there is. Not from specific people, but you can do it PER account. I posted it here:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/dr...arate-gmail-regular-notifications-sounds.html

They just buried it a little... (or alot)

Reactions: pauldroidr2d2

D1andOnlyOmen

May 20, 2011
Visit site
That really sucks that they've changed some of the gmail notification capabilities..... :p

One thing I'm finding a bit quirky and taking some getting used to with Android (at least I'm assuming its the OS in general and not just a Moto thing...) is having different volume settings for different types of sounds (ringer, media, notifications, etc....) My last HTC WinMo phone just had one volume control....didn't matter what time of sound you were getting, as all the same level. Pros/cons either way I guess..... more customization in Android obviously, but makes the learning curve/set up take a little longer.... HA!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlancaV