Special problem with Factory Mode on Galaxy S3

anon(9219063)

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
Alright so a couple weeks ago my Samsung Galaxy S3 ran out of battery and when I turned it on again, it had for some reason entered Factory Mode. During Factory Mode everything that I have installed on my phone is (hopefully only temporarily) gone and I cannot install anything on my phone. So I did some googling to solve this problem and it appeared that I first needed to root my phone. So I did that following the instructions in this video /watch?v=My_g28MrlwU

After I (probably successfully) rooted my phone I needed to install Root Explorer. However due to my phone being in Factory Mode, it thinks it doesn't have any more storage to install the app, despite pretty much nothing being installed on the phone. I installed Root Explorer on my PC instead and thought transfering it over that way would work, but it did not.

I asked my friend who is pretty tech savvy but he doesnt know what to do, please help :( I have some pictures attached for clarity. Thanks in advance :)

Attachments

• UdcVAt1.png
    UdcVAt1.png
    171.8 KB · Views: 3
  • MQsLei5.png
    MQsLei5.png
    139.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 52NPVO3.png
    52NPVO3.png
    57.8 KB · Views: 3
  • ylmprKF.png
    ylmprKF.png
    46.6 KB · Views: 3
  • FA3noAP.png
    FA3noAP.png
    126.4 KB · Views: 4
  • ekZ5lGP.png
    ekZ5lGP.png
    32.5 KB · Views: 3

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't know what you mean by factory mode, but you seem to have no available storage. You might have to do a factory reset to clear up the "ghost" files (that appear to be taking up space but don't exist). This is one reason a phone should be backed up any time there's a change made - both apps and data.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. I am inclined to agree with Rukbat. Reflashing a stock ROM may also need to be done.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello Alex, welcome to the forums at Android Central! 🙋

If you rooted the phone without backing up everything, you might have lost the info you had there.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ronaldkaran