Speeding up Motorola repair services? Getting a little frustrated..

D3MX

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
So around a month ago my droid 3 started having problems, as I am on contract with verizon I was able to get a moto x (decided to stick with motorola because they appeared to be care about customers) price matched at best buy for a penny (pretty cool). The first week this phone was great, then it started having touch response problems, I would have to turn the screen off and on again for it to respond, then the buttons would go crazy and press themselves. So I tried a bunch of things to fix this, changing the runtime to ART, factory resetting, nothing seemed to work. I was just outside the BestBuy exchange date for the phone, so my options were Verizon's exchange service and Motorola's repair services. I decided to repair the phone instead of possibly getting a refurbished phone as a replacement from Verizon.

So I chat with them, get an ordering slip and mailed it in last Thursday. Fedex tells me it gets there Friday morning around 10:00am, so I'm feeling pretty good about getting it back soon. The reason I'm worried about time, is I'm going on a trip this upcoming Tuesday the 24th, and I use my phone to take pictures/answer email/other things I might need for work. I do not want to have to bring a laptop to do what my phone should be able to do on vacation, but I am currently stuck with a non-smart phone that can only call.

Then Monday comes along and I get an automated email that they haven't received my phone, I call customer service wait on the phone for 2 hours to talk to someone and finally I find out it was a mixup and they have my phone it just wasn't processed, I'm told I will still get it the expected 5 business days after they received it (Today, Friday), and the rep files something with the specialized repair team to start working on it. On Wednesday I get an email that said they had processed it, so I figured that means they have started the repair, they provide a FedEx tracking number. I check the FedEx number this morning, and nothing has been shipped. So I call them up again and talk to someone about the problem and they gave me a number to call for the special repair team or something like that. I call them up and they say they should get to it today or Monday at the latest, meaning they haven't even started trying to fix it, and it is the day they stated it would be returned on or before (unfortunately I did not save the conversation where they promised it in my case). They said they WILL call me back or email me today about my phone status, though if I did not hear from them by 6 or 7 EST I should call them. So I did and found out no progress had been made and the supervisor had left for the weekend, meaning I could not talk to anyone about this for some reason, and I was out of luck for the day. I was then told to call in on Monday and talk with the supervisor about getting my phone fixed and sent out on Monday night so I could possibly get it by Tuesday morning before I head out.

My question to you is: do you have any advice dealing with Motorola (or any other company in a similar situation) to speed this process along and make sure it is sent Monday? I don't like yelling or raising my voice on the phone, I have been very calm and understanding when speaking with the representatives, but I'm starting to think complaining may be the best way to speed this up. Any comments are welcome!

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
So around a month ago my droid 3 started having problems, as I am on contract with verizon I was able to get a moto x (decided to stick with motorola because they appeared to be care about customers) price matched at best buy for a penny (pretty cool). The first week this phone was great, then it started having touch response problems, I would have to turn the screen off and on again for it to respond, then the buttons would go crazy and press themselves. So I tried a bunch of things to fix this, changing the runtime to ART, factory resetting, nothing seemed to work. I was just outside the BestBuy exchange date for the phone, so my options were Verizon's exchange service and Motorola's repair services. I decided to repair the phone instead of possibly getting a refurbished phone as a replacement from Verizon.

So I chat with them, get an ordering slip and mailed it in last Thursday. Fedex tells me it gets there Friday morning around 10:00am, so I'm feeling pretty good about getting it back soon. The reason I'm worried about time, is I'm going on a trip this upcoming Tuesday the 24th, and I use my phone to take pictures/answer email/other things I might need for work. I do not want to have to bring a laptop to do what my phone should be able to do on vacation, but I am currently stuck with a non-smart phone that can only call.

Then Monday comes along and I get an automated email that they haven't received my phone, I call customer service wait on the phone for 2 hours to talk to someone and finally I find out it was a mixup and they have my phone it just wasn't processed, I'm told I will still get it the expected 5 business days after they received it (Today, Friday), and the rep files something with the specialized repair team to start working on it. On Wednesday I get an email that said they had processed it, so I figured that means they have started the repair, they provide a FedEx tracking number. I check the FedEx number this morning, and nothing has been shipped. So I call them up again and talk to someone about the problem and they gave me a number to call for the special repair team or something like that. I call them up and they say they should get to it today or Monday at the latest, meaning they haven't even started trying to fix it, and it is the day they stated it would be returned on or before (unfortunately I did not save the conversation where they promised it in my case). They said they WILL call me back or email me today about my phone status, though if I did not hear from them by 6 or 7 EST I should call them. So I did and found out no progress had been made and the supervisor had left for the weekend, meaning I could not talk to anyone about this for some reason, and I was out of luck for the day. I was then told to call in on Monday and talk with the supervisor about getting my phone fixed and sent out on Monday night so I could possibly get it by Tuesday morning before I head out.

My question to you is: do you have any advice dealing with Motorola (or any other company in a similar situation) to speed this process along and make sure it is sent Monday? I don't like yelling or raising my voice on the phone, I have been very calm and understanding when speaking with the representatives, but I'm starting to think complaining may be the best way to speed this up. Any comments are welcome!

Happened to me. They kept saying "oh, looks like we didn't send it for repair", but that's cuz they had lost it. lol. Good luck. Just keep calling and keep asking them to escalate. but fwiw, it probably won't help. Let them know you are reaching your patience limit, they always seemed to respond to that for me. It's sorta like saying, 'i'm being nice now but it about 5 minutes i'm going to freak out if you don't take care of this'

globster2000

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site

For me, I told it as is through email, but it took 2 days to hear from someone; however, the rep ended up being the director of customer service. Luckily he didn't play games and fixed my problem with an added bonus. Unfortunately, you are pressed for time, and emailing will take too much time. I suggest for you to call motorola on Monday, but tell it as is in a calm manner. Tell them that you need a phone for your business trip this Christmas eve, and that you have been very patient.

Posted via Android Central App

D3MX

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions, I did tell them I need it by Tuesday morning, and it is in the system because I talked to someone else about it, and they actually said that I wanted it back by Tuesday before I was able to bring it up.

I have been pretty passive about the whole thing so far so I was thinking about being a little more firm and telling them to stick to their promises and official statements, and how they are failing on that front. I plan on calling early Monday morning and bugging them all day if I need to.