Spen works on tab s8 ultra đź‘Ś

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
They are basically the same pen (electronic-guts anyway), so yup. Also, other than the first few Note series (I believe before the Note 4), the Wacomm tech used in the S-Pen makes every one of them compatible with any other S-Pen-enabled Samsung phone and a few Window computers out there (save for the BT options, which only a few of the newer models have started to implement).

Fun Fact: Remember that one-off S-Model that had S-Pen support but didn't come with the pen? Yup, Samsung was banking on the 'users will buy the tablet and have the bigger pen on hand at all times and can use that instead' assumption. Needless to say, this did not reflect in sales (I do love the tablet line, but it's nowhere near an iPad in app availability/sales, and is also nowhere in the ballpark of the S-Line phone sales).

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
They are basically the same pen (electronic-guts anyway), so yup. Also, other than the first few Note series (I believe before the Note 4), the Wacomm tech used in the S-Pen makes every one of them compatible with any other S-Pen-enabled Samsung phone and a few Window computers out there (save for the BT options, which only a few of the newer models have started to implement).

Fun Fact: Remember that one-off S-Model that had S-Pen support but didn't come with the pen? Yup, Samsung was banking on the 'users will buy the tablet and have the bigger pen on hand at all times and can use that instead' assumption. Needless to say, this did not reflect in sales (I do love the tablet line, but it's nowhere near an iPad in app availability/sales, and is also nowhere in the ballpark of the S-Line phone sales).
Apple could actually do a better job with getting more app development for the iPad as well. They excel in media apps but it's still not adequate enough to replace an ultrabook. I still can't believe that we're in 2023 and there is no IG app for the iPad .

Sent from my "Mellow Yellow S23 Ultra" using AC Forums mobile app

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Apple could actually do a better job with getting more app development for the iPad as well. They excel in media apps but it's still not adequate enough to replace an ultrabook. I still can't believe that we're in 2023 and there is no IG app for the iPad .

Sent from my "Mellow Yellow S23 Ultra" using AC Forums mobile app

Honestly, back in the day, Apple really beat the hell out of Meta (back then, Facebook) in getting their app to work on Apple that they made a decision to not bow to them anymore and just do as they do. This is a pain point for a LOT of Apple Dev's and honestly, their draconian hold on access to their hardware like Android gives is hampering a lot of cool things from happening to iPhone/iPad.

Not that Android is the golden child here, they have some things that are just as limiting as Apple, but they are less restrictive than Apple overall.