Spontaneous reboots?

UncleLes

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
I've updated my 2012 N7 to Android 5.0, done a factory reset and cleared the cache, which for the most part has put my tablet back into running condition (with the notable exceptions of Chrome which lags/freezes and FlipBoard). However, now I am getting random spontaneous reboots, not often but enough to be annoying.

Any suggestions?

UncleLes

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Have you considered reflashing the file with either ADB or a toolkit?
Frankly, I've never had any desire to root, flash files, etc. I'm not much of a techie; I just want to use my tablet with as little pain as possible. I've done what I read on this forum would solve my major problems (i.e. extreme lag, freezing, etc.) and while I have read the procedure for flashing files it's not something I really want to get involved in if I can avoid it.

UncleLes

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
@Golfdriver- Thanks for the responses. I guess I'll wait awhile until Google either sends a fix or until I get so frustrated that I decide I have to do the reflash. Thankfully the problem (this one, at least) is intermittent and infrequent.

ETPhoneHomeT

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm in the same boat as you. After installing 5.0, my N7 started lagging a lot so I did a factory reset and cache partition wipes several times. Worked great for a couple of days and then started freezing, mostly in Chrome and Facebook apps. Switched to a Javelin Browser and started using web version of Facebook instead of the app and have seen improvements. But I've also been getting random reboots once or twice a day on average lately.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eligri