Sprint are you serious!!!!

anon(163908)

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I have to admit that I was very excited to see what Sprint was going to offer on Feb 7th. I have to say that I'm very dissappointed with the outcome. Are you serious?? All of the hubba hubba for a crappy phone that I thinks looks like something from the stone ages. I like Sprint overall but i think they are on the short end of the stick again when it comes to the coolest phones. Aside from the Evo they are beat by Verizon, ATT and T-mobile every single time with their choice of devices.

Reactions: 1414H77

dwd3885

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Agree 100%. BUT, the EVO and Epic are still two of the best smartphones that are actually OUT right now. Sure Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile have all made announcements, but many of the Verizon phones won't be out until summer, and by then I'm guessing Sprint has something better.

MissJennell#IM

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
Agree 100%. BUT, the EVO and Epic are still two of the best smartphones that are actually OUT right now. Sure Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile have all made announcements, but many of the Verizon phones won't be out until summer, and by then I'm guessing Sprint has something better.

Exactly! Plus the 2 phones with the most hype (minus the iphone for vzw but who cares about that pos anyways) are the EVO but for VZW and ATT.

OP, the hype was created by bloggers and people of the forums. Not by Sprint themselves so if you are really really let down then it is because you hyped it up in your head.

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
This doesnt mean they arent going to have other phones coming out this summer. I don't see this being their next flagship, it doesn't have 4G. We should find out more of what they are releasing in the next month or so.

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Exactly! Plus the 2 phones with the most hype (minus the iphone for vzw but who cares about that pos anyways) are the EVO but for VZW and ATT.

OP, the hype was created by bloggers and people of the forums. Not by Sprint themselves so if you are really really let down then it is because you hyped it up in your head.

I will agree with Miss Jennell on this one, it was us the bloggers who hyped it up past what Sprint had intended. It WAS an industry first. There are no other dual screen phones out on the market right now.

As far as what they set out to do, they did just that. We got out hopes up for nothing. Wait until CTIA in March and see what they bring to the table then.

Till then, relax and take a chill pill

Menno

Coffee Addict
Nov 9, 2009
Visit site

Sprint touted this as another industry first, with david blane, etc. Yes, blogs did hype it up, but this wasn't a simple press release. With what they were sending you, you should expect quite a bit more than what came with. Is the design interesting? Yes. But they (Sprint) were hyping this more than any other phone launch to date. Not the bloggers, Sprint.

If you're going to call the thunderbolt/DesireHD/Inspire "just another Evo" then you have to call the Evo just another HD2.

Sure, there were some spec changes, but there's some spec changes with the Bolt and the others. It's not the same phone, it just looks similar. Just like the HD2 and the Evo aren't the same phone, they just look similar. That "It's just an evo" line is about as annoying as people calling every touchscreen phone "just an iPhone clone." HTC likes sticking with similar stylings with their devices. This doesn't make them all the same.

The Bolt IS basically a DesireHD and it's similar to the Inspire as well, but if anything, it's similar to what the Evo2 will be.

MissJennell#IM

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
Sprint touted this as another industry first, with david blane, etc. Yes, blogs did hype it up, but this wasn't a simple press release. With what they were sending you, you should expect quite a bit more than what came with. Is the design interesting? Yes. But they (Sprint) were hyping this more than any other phone launch to date. Not the bloggers, Sprint.

If you're going to call the thunderbolt/DesireHD/Inspire "just another Evo" then you have to call the Evo just another HD2.

Sure, there were some spec changes, but there's some spec changes with the Bolt and the others. It's not the same phone, it just looks similar. Just like the HD2 and the Evo aren't the same phone, they just look similar. That "It's just an evo" line is about as annoying as people calling every touchscreen phone "just an iPhone clone." HTC likes sticking with similar stylings with their devices. This doesn't make them all the same.

The Bolt IS basically a DesireHD and it's similar to the Inspire as well, but if anything, it's similar to what the Evo2 will be.

People pissing and moaning because they don't like the phone that was announced like it is the only phone that will be announced this year is annoying.....

Menno

Coffee Addict
Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
People pissing and moaning because they don't like the phone that was announced like it is the only phone that will be announced this year is annoying.....

agreed, which is why I'm not. But I understand why they're mad. The Evo is coming up on it's 1yr, so people are expecting an Evo2. Was it possibly overhyped? Yes.

But sprint will want to release some other devices soon. Evo2, possibly a really nice Honeycomb tablet, maybe we'll see something at the HP Palm event. The thing about consumers is they're fickle, and they like seeing new toys. If they don't see them, they start looking at other carriers. Other phones will come. That's a given. But there's a small window for them between now and july, because any phone released in the summer will be drowned out by iPhone stories (because press loves fruit).

Triple Threat

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I find it slightly annoying how most of the people on here and other forums bashing the phone have yet to even have any hands on with it. Everyone wants to complain that the hinge is junk. Until you get your hands on it how can you call it junk?
I'm actually looking forward to getting some play time on one to form a decision on it.
It seems like it would be a natural fit for a honeycomb update as well with the dual screens. But what do I know...

Reactions: MissJennell#IM

lennyj17

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
CTIA CTIA CTIA CTIA CTIA CTIA - That's the song I'll continue to sing anytime someone to B*tch that Sprint supposedly dropped the ball.

Menno

Coffee Addict
Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I find it slightly annoying how most of the people on here and other forums bashing the phone have yet to even have any hands on with it. Everyone wants to complain that the hinge is junk. Until you get your hands on it how can you call it junk?
I'm actually looking forward to getting some play time on one to form a decision on it.
It seems like it would be a natural fit for a honeycomb update as well with the dual screens. But what do I know...

Most of the people bashing it hate it because of the company making it more than the design. The design is interesting, and it should be cool to see how it plays out, but the biggest issue with it is who's making it. They have a (well deserved) less than stellar reputation when it comes to building quality products.

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Most of the people bashing it hate it because of the company making it more than the design. The design is interesting, and it should be cool to see how it plays out, but the biggest issue with it is who's making it. They have a (well deserved) less than stellar reputation when it comes to building quality products.

I can agree and disagree with that statement. I have had 2 of their phones as my first cell phones years ago. They lasted forever and took a beating. I have not had any of their smart phones at all, but i would be hesitant to get one because of their past on their smartphones.

Robbzilla

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

Well, I'm pissing and moaning because I'm stuck on a #*$&ing Samsung Moment, and I know that the next phone I buy will likely have to last me 2 years, and I certainly want to future proof it as much as possible, seeing as how I'm not going to go gold. So yeah, I'm *****ing that Sprint pulled this turd outta the hat! Bring out something usable. I'm hanging by my fingernails with my present craptastic phone.

dg417

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
I agree the phone looks interesting....but I don't think it was worth the hype. I was disappointed by Sprint....all that hype about a Feb 7 announcement.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
You all are going to leave Sprint Alone. Lmfao.
MSN-Emoticon-laughing-127.gif

Check the video below. Just think of Sprint replacing the person name mention.

YouTube - LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE!

Saphira

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
That video still cracks me up.

Just to keep this on topic, does anyone out there have anything exciting yet, verizon has the iphone really not interested in downgrading to that. It seems like a slow year in innovative new phones to me all the way around.

MissJennell#IM

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
Well, I'm pissing and moaning because I'm stuck on a #*$&ing Samsung Moment, and I know that the next phone I buy will likely have to last me 2 years, and I certainly want to future proof it as much as possible, seeing as how I'm not going to go gold. So yeah, I'm *****ing that Sprint pulled this turd outta the hat! Bring out something usable. I'm hanging by my fingernails with my present craptastic phone.

Sprint is projected to get something like 50 phones this year so the odds are good that there will be one that will replace your craptastic moment.

smccloud

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
<soapbox>
I could care less about Sprint not getting new phones. What I care more about is the fact that Sprint doesn't seem to care about keeping existing customers happy.....by the time my wife gets her second replacemnt Epic (she dropped it and cracked the screen, first replacement locks up/reboots at random) it will be 14+ days from when she damaged her first one. Their reply? You'll pay more going elsewhere. I've now been on the phone for over half an hour trying to deal with this and I'm out of patience.
</soapbox>

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xenomorf