Sprint bringing new Androids, including EVO 3D, Nexus S 4G, EVO View (Tab) to CTIA?

wstevens

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
The Nexus S is nice as it will most likely receive updates directly from Google. However, I don't really see it as an upgrade to the current EVO. Unless they add to Sprint's version, the current Nexus S lacks a microSD slot and 720p video recording. The rest of the hardware seems pretty comparable to the EVO 4G.

I would think the EVO 3D will be the "EVO 2." Most likely having dual core and higher resolution screen. This is what I would consider an upgrade to my current EVO 4G.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I am still confused why they "only" put the old hummingbird into the Nexus S, I guess putting in a Tegra 2 or Exynos would have killed the Galaxy S2. I suppose that HTC wasn't ready to whip up a Nexus two since Qualcomm wasn't ready to ship Snapdragon 2 yet. It's all about timing.

I sure hope all these new chipsets can hold the candle to the A5, just read somewhere that the PowerVR SGX543 in the A5 blows away the old 540.

saywut

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Ill give up my EVO for a Nexus S for the upgrades but I hope the Specs will be powerfull enough as well. Dual core would be Awesome, but unlikely.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TSFDeymos